Special Recognition to the Beta Team for 2.1.0!

Just wanted to give a "fist bump" to all that participated in the 2.10 beta! There were some definite challenges in this one, but I think the community will be very pleased with the results. The last-minute addition of Variable "Math and Logic" is a game changer, so many things you can do with it.

Special props to @bravenel for putting up with us "weirdos" who always seem to want to come up with a way to break his code!

10 Likes

I'll share a "pep talk" I got to hear earlier this week:
You are judged on the quality of code released, not how hard you worked on it. So let's talk in a few weeks.

:smile:

I VERY MUCH appreciate the effort that those who are willing to beta test put in. Even if there are some issues post release, just think how many more there would have been without a testing team!!

I will wait for the inevitable first few hotfixes to come out before updating my production hub. Already updated my development one, though.

4 Likes

You mean like the bug with deleting all global variables? Can't imagine why someone would have tested that, ugh :rofl:.

Yeah, that sounds like an ugly one - database rollback. :frowning:

I think you're referring to my issue! :sob:

1 Like

What's odd about this one is that I can't reproduce it, and it was definitely tested during the past few weeks. Solution, besides the warning, it to simply remove the option to Remove All GVs.

I just meant I wouldn't have thought or wanted to delete all my global variables so it could be easily missed in the beta stage, maybe I'm wrong.

1 Like

I put in code to keep track of what rules use which GVs, and to manage those lists, so that when you go to delete a GV it will warn you that it's in use. If you delete it anyway, there's another bunch of code that goes and cleans up the rule that uses it so that it doesn't blow up, even though it's probably broken by the removal. But, removing all of them didn't really offer an opportunity to prompt for that double check. So, who needs it? Either you are using GVs or you aren't. If you experiment and decide not to use them, they do no harm. And you can remove them one by one. If you are using them, you wouldn't need to remove all of them.

2 Likes