Speak to Echo device driving the event only

In Echo Speaks is it possible to speak to the Echo device driving the event? I have written a rule that extracts the status of various devices and I drive the rule through Alexa. I want the response to come back only to the Alexa device I was speaking to.
It looks likes I have to pre-determine which Alexa device the message is sent too.

Has anyone managed to do this. I don't see an option on 'this device speech device' named 'this device'. I have to predetermine where the response is returned in the code.

Sorry for bringing this question back up. I recently implemented v3 and am using Rules to trigger notifications as well. Would like to know if there's a way to specify playback from the device that picked up the request only. Right now I have to listen to every echo repeat the announcement. I like Alexa, but she can get loud with all of my devices playing at the same time. :slight_smile:

@mick.baker @davin

I don't know the answer to this question. Just want to point out that the likelihood of its being answered is substantially greater if you post it on the Echo Speaks thread (linked below).

In general, developers of community integrations (like Echo Speaks) are most likely to see a question, bug report or request, if it is posted in the parent thread.

[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder - I'll post my question in the official thread, and I'll tag @mick.baker in case this is still an open question for him.