"spammyDevices"?

What are these and how do we determine which device it is?

"1 device produced unusually high number of events"

Nothing in the logs show an unusual amount of events from any devices. Can someone explain what this is and why it is showing up almost every hour on the hour?

@dbowles1975 What is the device?

1 Like

No clue. It shows up in location events.

Sounds like a new feature they mentioned in a recent hotfix:

I kinda figured the alert would lead to a list of the devices in question?

Did you click on an alert that popped up?

No alert popped up. It's just a log entry. When you click on it you get the information in the picture above.

I haven’t seen it myself, but from the release notes thread:

Hmm, looking in my location events log, I can see the same thing.

(The red flag in the upper right is letting me know about a firmware hotfix I haven’t installed yet, nothing there re: unusually high # of events)

@gopher.ny any thoughts?

There was a device with tons of events at the time but they got cleaned up.
I got to improve the event and add device names to it. Maybe even link to appropriate device pages.

6 Likes

Interesting. I’m seeing it every 60 mins at 45 mins past the hour (e.g. 3:45, 4:45 etc).

1 Like

Yeah, mine is every hour on the hour for at least 2 or 3 hours at a time.

It’s new, and it sounds like Victor has some tweaks planned to help us understand better what to do about it.

1 Like

It runs just before hourly cleanup job, which in retrospective is not the best time for it - events get cleaned up right after the alert gets raised.

3 Likes

It’s usually a power monitoring plug.

1 Like

Just tab over to device log and look in the events column. You should see a device with over 300 events logged. I know I did earlier today. A Zooz Zen34 was sending battery reports every 6 seconds, which is fun. Trying to remember why I bought any Z-Wave. Complete garbage protocol apparently.

2.2.9.145 has device names/links to device detail page for all the chatterboxes right in the location event details...

4 Likes