Sonos player state not updated

I noticed the Sonos player playing status is not updating in my button rule. I refreshed many times and also checked with Sonos app that it is correctly updating status of device. Below I am checking if the Sonos player is playing/paused but it is showing as playing although it is actually paused.

Sonos status in button rule

Sonos device status

Thank you in advance for any help and/or input pertaining to this issue.

2 Likes

Same here. From time to time this happens to me as well. A reboot of the hub fixes it for a couple of days, sometimes weeks. But from a certain point of time it stucks again. As far as I could see, a refresh doesn't fix but at least update the current status.

2 Likes

Just to chime in here. I’ve been a Hubitat user for 2 months now since I moved away from SmartThings. Everything has been perfect. EXCEPT Sonos integration.

The Sonos integration really sucks. It feels like the developers spent 90% of their efforts on voice synthesis and music playing was an afterthought.

In the Sonos app you can “favourite” a track, artist, album, playlist, radio station, podcast or stream and in the Smarththings and Homeassistant integrations the way it works is you can request to play a favourite by its index. It’s simple and it works. Hubitat you need to extract a URL to play any of the above. And for some of underlying services like Apple Music the URL is just not possible to obtain.

So yeah Sonos integration needs work. It is literally the only thing I’ve not been able to use in Hubitat. Currently I’m calling a URL in homeassistant to request Sonos to play stuff.

I’d like to see the Hubitat team improve the Sonos integration.

I’ve seen similar behavior but it almost always is because the players change and a new Sonos login fixes the issue. I got fed up doing this so I spent some time with the Sonos API described on their development site

and wrote a direct integration with my HousePanel dashboard app. I got it to work but it was tricky. They use websockets to report updates and they sometime drop. It also uses a fairly complicated algorithm to confirm the right user is getting pushed the right update from a player. The also use refresh tokens so you have to get a new Auth token every day. Unfortunately my direct integration only works for me and my house since each integration uses a dedicated set of OAUTH credentials. I’m working on figuring out how to make it generic so any HousePanel user can use it. A better HE integration would be welcome but in the meantime I have a personal workaround. The other advantage of my direct integration is I get more metadata info such as group information, and it opens up the same features as HA and ST.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.