Sonos Player - Connection refused (Connection refused)

I purchased a Sonos echo replacement some time ago. At the time I think (its been a while) I had to add the "Sonos Player" to get Alexa to work with my Hubitat devices. It shows in the apps page as "Sonos Integration".

For a long time now the logs show every Sonos log to be "Connection refused (Connection refused)"

I do not try to play anything through the "Sonos Player" app. However the repeated warning annoys me a little.

So I have two questions:

Besides playing mp3's (which doesn't work but I've not investigated it) is it needed for "Alexa" to control my devices?

What does "Sonos Integration" do?

Because the "Connection refused" you cannot use the Sonos device. Connection refused means that hub cannot connect to Sonos speaker. Most often that happens when Sonos connection is wireless and doesn't connect directly to the same router as the hub.

The Sonos Integration enables you to control the speaker from Hubitat, in addition to sending mp3 and TTS to it.

Control of devices via Alexa on Sonos is not affected by Sonos integration and continues to work the same way, with or without Sonos Integration.

2 Likes

Different subnets?

Not sure, haven't been motivated to investigate since I don't use the player. It is wired however.

My suggestion is that if you don't use, uninstall the app, remove device. Especially those that throw errors and warnings. They may cause the hub to underperform.

2 Likes