Sonos not discovered after changing router

I am experiencing a challenge re-discovering Sonos speakers after changing our WiFi router.

Two devices were setup on HE (IKEA Symfonisk picture frames) and working as expected. A week or so later our router started acting flaky, so I replaced it with our old one. Everything else is now operating normally, expect for this integration.

Router: Netgear Gateway C7000v2 using static IP for the HE and speakers
The only setup change that I made was using the same SSID for 2.4G and 5G.
Speakers' IP addresses can be ping'd (if that matters).
Devices were removed and app was deleted.
Hubitat C7 running 2.3.1.134 and connected via ethernet. It has been rebooted via software and physical button.

Selecting the built-in Sonos integration just sits on the Discovery Started screen with zero devices found (even after 5+ minutes). Thoughts? Something that I can test or tweak?

There are some similar situations in the community history, but none with a straightforward solution.

I gave that a try and it does gain me the ability to play/pause and mute/unmute. I did not have any luck with TTS or volume controls. Also, no track information. Certainly better than nothing, but I would love to get the rest of functionality back.

It certainly helps, in that I know the expected behavior to compare against.

Sonos app - works as expected. Listening right now. One change that I did make after connecting to HE was to put the two speakers in stereo mode. I may try to separate them and try again.

I just checked my network security settings and they appear to be compliant with Sonos ( WPA2-PSK [AES] ).

Winner! I cycled power to one speaker and it was suddenly discovered. So, I cycled power to the other and now both are discovered. The classic IT solution works again.

1 Like

Correct - I used the term loosely to indicate IP assignment.

1 Like