Sonos integration

Now thats harsh... have you actually opened a support ticket with HE? Just because I don't care doesn't me they don't. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ilkeraktuna

What happens if you only use the Play:3 for announcements? Does it still repeat thrice? I ask because in your Alexa Announcement Test performed for Sonos tech support, TTS was sent exclusively to a single speaker.

If it works, then serialize your announcements with something like this:

Notify on Sonos One blah blah blah
Notify on Sonos Play:3 blah blah blah --> delayed 0:00:01

well, I sent an email and received a response from HE support. They asked me
". I would try to isolate this particular speaker, then enable the debug for both the rule and device and see where the problem may be. "

I already tried isolating the speaker. and it still repeats. Now for debug. I really don't think debug will show us much. It will only show what HE is sending. And we'll see that it is sending "once"
On this issue, we need to see the debug on Sonos OR we need someone who knows Sonos speaker software. I bet there is a default duration OR repeat count.

What happens if you only use the Play:3 for announcements?

it repeats.

Just curious if you've tried moving it to a different location. I have a Bose Soundtouch speaker that sometimes has connectivity problems. When this happens instead of stop playing it would loop the last packet it received, usually about a 10 second repeat.
Maybe move it to another room to test.

3 Likes

that's a new idea and a great one.
Unfortunately, not useful for me. My Play:3 is connected via ethernet cable and no loss is seen.

Are your other SONOS speakers connected wirelessly or wired like your Play:3?

Maybe some sort of switch issue...

1 Like

I have 2 Play:3's connected wirelessly via a boost and just tested with a virtual switch and a rule. Used as a speech device the message only plays once..

The speakers are paired as a stereo pair so not really your situation.

All of my Sonos speakers are connected via wire except one Play:1 which is connected wireless.
I don't use any of my speakers as stereo pair.

Btw, I make the test directly on device settings using the PlayText or Speak buttons.

So they are all connected to the same switch?
Dunno... maybe set your Play:3 to Wifi to see what happens..

Also just did playText on one of my Play:3's and no repeats...

Mine were bought in 2017 but are still considered modern (well modern/discontinued) according to:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/