Sonos Integration: Can't add Sub

I've been using the Sonos Integration for some time now without issue. I recently added a Sonos Sub to my home theater setup. When trying to add it via the Sonos Integration App, it never shows up on the list (the other existing speakers do). However, in the logs, I'm seeing the following repeating line while in discovery mode:

app:9992022-03-06 09:26:20.888 errorunknown device:Sonos Sub
app:9992022-03-06 09:26:20.859 warnUNVERIFIED PLAYERS!: <all of the identification information you'd expect to see...>

The home theater speakers are grouped in Sonos, so not a huge deal (I actually thought that was the problem, but the rear speakers are being detected without issue). Has anyone run into this issue with a Sub or another Sonos speaker?

I can add the Sub as a known sonos device, though given its always going to be associated to another speaker and really is a child of that speaker It's not clear what you would want the integration to do with the sonos sub...

1 Like

Totally agree; I was trying to troubleshoot another issue and came upon this one. I was more concerned as to whether it was a documented issue or something one-off for me.

I'm assuming since it is able to be added (as you've confirmed) that a removal / reinstall of the Sonos Integration app would probably correct the issue. I'll leave that for another day as I'd rather not re-work my related automations today.

I also came across this unknown device:Sonos Sub as I was troubleshooting an issue I am having with Harmony not wanting to find my new Arc. I presume this isn't relevant to my issue but I was interested to see this discussion. For the sake of understanding, is it likely that a removal / reinstall of the Sonos Integration would resolve the unknown device:Sonos Sub error?

The sub isnt supported this way. Its paired to another sonos speaker in the sonos app and not included in hubitat since its really a part of that speaker.