SONOFF Zigbee Human Presence Sensor | SNZB-06P

Thank you very much for sending me your room lighting rule. I have set mine up and the light comes on and stays on just like needed. The problem I am experiencing is the light will not turn off when my presence sensor becomes inactive. Do you have any advice for this?

Also, is there a way to make this only active during certain periods of the day? Say 6am to 10pm. I tried in Set Up Lighting Periods but I couldn't seem to figure it out.

For the first question, if you post a picture of your rule setup now, that would give folks here some insight on an answer.

I'm not sure about the second question since I don't have anything set up like that myself, but hopefully a fellow user will have some ideas.

ETA - you should probably start a new thread instead, so this current thread can better stay on topic.

2 Likes

Thank you. My apologies. I never thought about it derailing this thread. I will start a new one if I don't figure it out shortly.

Do you have one yet? Or any reports on it?

When pairing this SBZB-06P device, and then assigning the Tuya Multi-Sensor 4-in-1 driver, I immediately get an error 500.

Looking at the driver, I see:

ver. 1.9.0 2024-05-06 kkossev - depricated all radars except Linptech;

Should I be using a different driver here?

This is a second time such a weird error is reported, unfortunately I can not replicate it and I don’t have a clue why it happens.

Please install the new Tuya Zigbee mmWave Sensor driver from HPM and use it with the SNZB-06P sensor.

Thanks for the pointer to the correct driver.

Now, if anyone has messed with this, can one give this sensor "tunnel vision"? The idea here is to simply monitor motion on a porch, not the yard or the sidewalk. Delivery people just don't ring the bell at all any more, so this is to trigger the doorbell.

One assume that a grounded metal (soda can aluminum?) tube around the end of the gizmo would help, but one does not want to block the zigbee signal with the "poor-man's Faraday cage", so perhaps a Tradfri outlet nearby to act as a zigbee relay...

The sensor is mounted above the porch, pointing down, but I assume that these things are pretty wide-angle in their "view".

Hey there very new to hubitat anc home automation in general. I got 3 of these presence sensors and hooked one up in the bathroom to control the lights. I set an Automation with room lighting but the sensor seems to just turn on and off when it wants. I have hubitat elevation c7. The sensor doesnt even turn on when i walk in just randomly. Oh and i am using the latest driver from this forum

Hi @codytaylor438 ,

The typical issue with these sensors is that being too much sensitive, they may stuck in motion active state… but your case is really strange.

Can you post some screenshots of the State Variables section of the device web page in Hubitat?

(You will need to join the Hubitat hub owners group in this forum to be allowed to post pictures)

Theres the state variables and a shot of the log. Nobody was home at that time. It appears to just be repeating that over and over in the log. Ive tried changing the sensitivity thru all 3 settings and that did not help.

1 Like

Something is triggering the motion detection ...

From the logs - @ 04:10:58.909 PM the device sends Zigbee Occupancy cluster 0x0406 event with value 01 - this is 'motion active' event.
34 milliseconds earlier, the device sends a 'light' event - seems OK at 4PM day time.
@ 04:11:26.373 - (one minute and 28 seconds later) received motion inactive event.

All seems to be processed OK in the driver.

Can you think of any of these 'false detection scenarios' that may apply in your use case?
Water flowing in drainage pipes as an example?

Increase the fadingTime to 30 or 60 seconds - will this help?

You can also try setting the 'detectionDelay' to 1 second - this is a parameter exposed by the device, but not mentioned officially in the Sonoff docs. I didn't notice any difference varying this parameter. With other mmWave radars (Tuya), incresaing the detectionDelay reduces a lot the false triggering - in spite of delayed motion detection, of course.

2 Likes

I appreciate you for explaining that, im very new to all this

Theres not really anything i can think of that could trigger them. Unless the waves could bounce off one wall and threw the wall behind the sensor then maybe water in a pipe could trigger it. I set up 3 other sensors throughout the house after making this post and they all seem to work fine so it must be something in the enviroment im not seeing.

Could you reccomend any other motion/presence sensors on the market that are on the cheaper end but are more reliable than these ones and would not require such a long detection delay?

So in continuious attempts to get the sensor to actually turn off i unplugged it. When i did so the status remained active for motion, and the lights stayed on. Does it not continuously check for motion? Is there any way to make it do so and shut the light off if its not getting a motion signal? I think that might be my problem moreso than an overactive sensor or somthing in the walls moving around.

This is expected behavior (AFAIK)... When you remove the sensor's power, it has no way to communicate with the hub to update status in order to command something like lights.

What "it" are you referring to here -- the now unpowered sensor?

That is normally accomplished via a rule.

1 Like

Hi, this is a great thread allowing me to setup the SNZB-06P sensor. They generally work well, but once in a while they get stuck showing motion "active". I've followed the guidelines that were included with the sensor to ensure that it was placed in an environment with no detectable movement. To unstick the motion "active" status, I go to Devices and hit the refresh button. The motion status immediately returns to "inactive". I can also walk in front of the sensor and after the fading time expires, the motion detection works correctly again. However, the motion status will eventually get stuck "active" again. I have Tuya Zigbee mmWave Sensor v3.2.2 installed on C7. Wondering if anyone has seen this issue?

Had the same problem and found that if I reboot the sensor at least one time a week it stops the issue. YMMV

This was mentioned in a post above so to properly credit the contribution.

Thank you

Hi I got the Sensor working using @kkossev dedicated driver from HPM and it worked as it should. But then my other zigbee devices started to drop off. I lost 14 devices within a 16 hour period most within 6 hours of getting this sensor working. I lost 7 Aeotec contact sensors and and 6 Aeotec Motion sensors and some other non-branded ZB motion sensor. I've had a stable network for months now and have not lost any devices until yesterday after i started using the snzb-06p.

It could all be a coincidence or something else but i have removed this device and I'm not going to bother using it again (unless anybody has an explanation as to something i could do differently to prevent this from happening again) Thanks, M

What is your HE hub - C-8 or an older model?

Being USB-powered, this device is also a Zigbee router (repeater). Do you have any other Zigbee 3.0 mains-powered devices in your Zigbee network?

Hi, Ive got the C-7 Hub, many plug in repeater and a couple of my light switches also repeat.