Sonoff ZBMINI

Hey

Are you going to add support for Sonoff ZBMINI?

1 Like

No reason it shouldnt work already using the generic zigbee switch driver.
I only purchase items off Amazon, so if someone wants to lend me one of these, I'd be happy to verify it works..

1 Like

I'll try to buy it, test and let you know :slight_smile:

And one more question. Will C5 Hub handle this ZBMINI?

C5 and c7 have the same zigbee bits

1 Like

I just received mine and it does indeed respond to the On/Off commands using the Generic Zigbee Switch type.

if you wouldn't mind, please replace the driver with the "Device" driver, then click getInfo...
If you could post the fingerprint printed to the live logs I'll add it to the driver, thanks!

1 Like

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000", outClusters:"1000", model:"01MINIZB", manufacturer:"SONOFF"

2 Likes

Let me know if you need anything else.

SONOFF ZBMINI is a ZigBee-enabled two-way smart switch that is compatible with different hubs, including SONOFF ZBBridge, Amazon Hub, Samsung SmartThings Hub and Philips Hue Hub.
The ZigBee3.0 protocol gets ZBMINI and ZigBee bridge to be paired in a quick way. ZBMINI is safer to use in you home that is promised by the fire-proof and flame-retardant shell.
Additionally, AES-128 encryption ensures the safety is extended to data device privacy, no worry about privacy disclosure of your device.
It can be as a Zigbee router to help transmit the ZigBee signal to ensure a stable connection when multiple Zigbee devices are used for your home.
If you are keen on two-way control, you can connect a Single Pole Double Throw switch as the external connection to expand the control way.

Specification

Specification of SONOFF ZBMINI Zigbee Smart Switch

• Model: ZBMINI;
  • Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz;
  • Output: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz;
  • Zigbee: IEEE 802.15.4 2.4GHz;
  • Max. Load: 10A;
  • Material: PC;

Looks promising, thanks op.

Does it measure power?

It does not.

They aren’t available in the UK yet so bought from another country with the same frequency :+1:

One more question.
Anybody checked if it really works as a repeater?
Can it be only a repeater for other Zigbee Sonoff devices or maybe it can also be a repeater for example for Aqara sensors?

Bump on this. Would like to know if zb mini works as a repeater.

I just received and tested one of this and it doesn't work with Generic Zigbee Switch, so i tried with Aurora and Nue Zigbee Switch and it worked.

I received my ZBMINI. It works with Generic Zigbee Switch. I have a Sonoff contact sensor (SNZB-04) that wasn't working reliably when it's far from HE. It's working fine now after I install the ZBMINI between HE and SNZB-04. But I don't know how to trace the signal to confirm ZBMINI indeed works as a repeater.

To check the zigbee routing table, check this link:
http://hubitat.local/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo
In the routing table section, you should see [Device A] via [Device B], and can see the paths there.

Side note: I've got two of these, and they've been good. Today, after taking the hub offline for other reasons, they seemed to forget the hub. I was able to do recover by enabling zigbee pairing, then turning my physical switch on. Hubitat reported adding a previously joined device, and things continued on as usual. There must be something different about the firmware in these vs. the plug sockets, as none of those have done that before.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. Now I can confirm ZBMINI is indeed routing traffic. I have 5 ZBMINI's. They work very well. Almost all end devices are connected to HE via ZBMINI.

I shutdown my HE multiple times but didn't experience the problem you have.

Is it a router for all Zigbee devices or only Sonoff devices?
Do you have some Aqara sensors and can you check if they are also connect to the Zigbee mesh through ZBMINI?