Sonoff: The first ZigBee 3.0 DIY smart switch with No Neutral Wire Required

Seen this on Facebook today

Sonoff

Yesltetr0cday5cpoc ant 8o594:09r 23AMd ยท

๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰New Release Countdown๐Ÿ•’

The first ZigBee DIY smart switch with No Neutral Wire Required - ZBMINI-L. Here are the highlights:

๐ŸŸฉZigBee 3.0 Protocol

๐ŸŸฉNo neutral wire quired

๐ŸŸฉNo need to install anti-flicker module

๐ŸŸฉConnected to control the bulb as low as 3W, without flickering

๐ŸŸฉExposed DIN-rail mounting, still safe and reliable

Stay tuned~

4 Likes

Looks neat! If they ever get it UL (or ETL) Listed, I'd even consider putting it in my walls! :smiley: That's a pretty low load requirement for a no-neutral and supposedly no "bypass" (capacitor/resistor--I assume that's what the "anti-flicker module" is?) requirement.

2 Likes

Pictures seem to show standard non-UL/ETL markings.

I had seen it on Dr. Zzs post.

The problem is that it (probably) won't fit in North American boxes!

I wrote up a post some time ago about the sizes of these devices, and the Qubino Flush series of devices were the smallest. What are the dimensions of this device?

1 Like

Dang it.. Thanks for the info. Another frustration with a house were neutrals are in the fixtures and wife that is not in favor of cutting open walls!!

The Sonoff site seems to indicate TUV certification (an NRTL equivalent to UL) but they don't list a certification number and the TUV database doesn't list that device...

The similar ZBMINI does fit into a single gang box (behind a standard switch), but is not listed to meet UL standards. And that version does require a neutral.

According to the document that I read, the following are the dimensions of this product:
5.4 x 4.5 x 2.4
Which would make it the largest of all such devices that I measured.

If you can get that to fit into a single gang box - more power to you!

Ahhh... the one I've used is a bit smaller at 43x43x20.

Did you see any certification markings?

Screenshot_20220131-153756_Chrome

Exactly the same marking as on the first post in the picture.

Can you post the link for the site where you purchased it?

Only took 8 days to arrive to the UK

Works fine on Smartthings hub 2015 v2 (detects as z-wave controller and I had to change the device type to Zigbee Switch)

• application: 02
  • endpointId: 01
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00001004
  • firmwareImageType: 1
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4742
  • manufacturer: SONOFF
  • model: ZBMINI-L
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

Hubitat C5 hub

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 02
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.4
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0007,0020,FC57,FCA0
  • outClusters: 0019
  • model: ZBMINI-L
  • firmwareMT: 1286-0001-00001004
  • manufacturer: SONOFF

UPDATE 04-02-2022:
a) It apereas that if Sonoff connects directly and not via Zigbee extender - it works fine as Generic Zigbee Switch.
b) Relay clicking is annoying. I have lots of switches with relay in the house, but this one is loud.
c) Its much larger than you would think. You would need a deep back box to use this as intended.

It is strange that a mains-powered device is shown in SmartThings IDE as a SLEEPY_END_DEVICE ...