Sonoff SNZB-02D Temperature/Humidity with display fingerprint

I just added this sensor about 30 minutes ago. I had tried both the generic type and the Sonoff type but I was not seeing any data coming across in the logs.
I then learned about and applied the 2.3.8.117 update and set the type to Generic Zigbee Temperature/Humidity Sensor. I am seeing the display on the device update by multiple degrees F but I still don't see anything in the HE logs (both Debug and Description Text logging are Enabled).
Any ideas on how I go from here?

Pair the sensor again to your hub (without deleting it), with the right driver already assigned manually.

What's the procedure to pair it again?

The same as when paired as a new device…

I held the button on the back of the unit for 5 seconds to enter pairing mode and then in HE went to pair a new Zigbee device. It showed me the existing device and I selected it.
At least now I am seeing humidity readings in the logs but no temperature readings. Likewise no temperature on the device page.

I have it running with this custom driver, but this device should also work with the HE inbuilt drivers.
What is your hub - C-8 or an older model?

C-8

Try the custom driver (pair it once again after changing the drivers). It has some extended debug logging, which may help to understand what's wrong.

This 'pair again' procedure is needed because these are sleepy devices - they do not listen to the incoming commands, so clicking on the Configure button from the device web page does nothing.

Just started seeing a temperature value on the device page and I saw the first temperature reading in the logs!
However, now when I go back to the device page there is no temperature reading. I look at it again and a temperature is showing. Should I be entering anything for the Reference Temperature?
What does the Configure button do?

You may have some problem with the browser cache or similar..
When in doubt - create a test HE Dashboard to show the device temperature and humidity.

Just tried adding to a dashboard (I don't usually use one) but the device is not showing up in the list of devices.

You can not add the device to the individual dashboard device list?

Since I'm not a dashboard user I forgot that I have to add it to the dashboard app and not just adding a tile to the dashboard. I'll give that a go.

1 Like

I now have two new tiles.

Check whether the readings will update when you rapidly change the temperature and the humidity.
You should also see the battery percentage remaining on the top of the humidity tile - probably some hours later.

I just put the sensor in the refrigerator and the humidity readings are coming in fairly quickly (~10-15 seconds) but the temperature hasn't changed in over five minutes.

What are your temperature reproting settings ?

I noticed that the product literature mentions installing an app "eWeLink". Is that required? I just paired the device directly with HE without installing that app.

I just double-checked that value and it was the 0.5C selection. I even re-selected it and saved the preferences.

No, you don't need to install Sonoff mobile app when the device is paired directly in Hubitat.

1 Like