Sonoff motion sensor trouble

Hi all

I’m having an issue with a Sonoff motion sensor. It was working fine until a week ago. I haven’t changed anything in the mesh but can’t rule out changes in neighbours wifi channels, etc. However, it is about 2m away from an IKEA range extender that is still connected, but I know that zigbee meshes are fickle beasts.

Anyway, it stopped responding and I couldn’t re-pair it again. Tried multiple times at location and even moving close to the hub. The device would flash for pairing but Hubitat pairing would not note any connection and no functionality restored. However, when I tried to pair it to my other Hubitat hub (I have 2), it paired perfectly. I then removed it from that hub and it would allow me to pair to the original first time. Strangely would only allow me to re-pair once I actually paired and removed it with another hub first. So, put it back and it worked for a couple days and is now exhibiting the same behaviour. Stopped working and won’t allow me to repair. I haven’t gone through the process explained above yet, as it’s a pain having to move rule associations across, but any advice to why it doesn't re-pair to the same hub?

Thanks

Alan

What version of the hub?

I'm not familiar with the Sonoff motion sensor but is there a separate factory reset procedure? In some cases I've had to factory reset, remove the battery, and then try re-pairing.

It's the c-7.

I suppose I could understand if that was the case to pair to something new, but it won't pair to one it has formed an association with prior and will to one it hasn't. If it needed the reset I would assume with every pair attempt or at least to the strange hub and not the one already paired.
Just seems weird to me.

Yeah one would think but who knows... I have seen 3 or 4 devices all of the same model and firmware all behave oddly and differently

I seen this happen a few times. I actually was pairing a device to the C8 and the C8 actually started taking devices from the C5. Tried it a few times it would take a device from the C5 every time I put the C8 in pairing mode. When a Hue motion sensors drop off for whatever reason they would get paired to the C8 :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.