Sonoff connect troubles

So, I've put some time in and managed to flash my sonoff 4ch r2. I am now able to see it through Hubitat. this is great news and by accessing the IP i am able to activate the 4 solenoids independently.

so i am effectively able to activate each of the relays using Http Get posts on virtual switches, but I was expecting to be able to use them as specific devices on my dashboard.

my whole setup is still in its early testing stages hence the random things in my devices, but I'm just getting my head around things. am I doing something wrong or have I missed a step? should i not be able to add the sonoff switches directly to my dashboard and activate the relays?

I will continue to keep reading and learning, but any help on this would be appreciated.

Welcome. I have some Tasmota devices(sonoff) You have to go to apps->dashboards to authorize devices. Don't know if you tried that, it's kinda non-intuitive, as you should be able to do it all from dashboards.

Cheers for the welcomes.

Yes indeed, I have activated them for my test dashboard and even after adding them as switches or buttons or even toggles, they don't appear to do anything.

I installed the driver, installed the child driver, but as of yet I'm unable to get the relays to turn on via hubitat in anyway, but it can see it.

@anon81541053 appreciated man, ill give these a whirl this evening. I think I'm using drivers from a post by ericm

@anon81541053

so i downloaded and installed the universal parent, when you say to just use a genric component switch, any chance you could elaborate on this :smile:

T4HE Installation ยท markus-li/Hubitat Wiki ยท GitHub just found this, which may be the answer im seeking

1 Like

@anon81541053 all sorted!! and one step closer

its a steep learning curve ill give it that much

cheers for your help

1 Like

yeah, sorry , I should have mentioned to use markus's driver, it works fantastic.

Did you navigate to the switches's webpage and fill out the info?

1 Like