Somfy Zwave roller shades

Looking to migrate from ST asap.:rofl: The must have is my shade integration into hubitat.

They are all Zwave.

Are they integrating well into hubitat? I saw some posts that they are using a generic Zwave driver. Is that still the case?

1 Like

What Z-Wave controller? ZRTSII? Glydea? Or something else?

If ZRTSII, you can find a driver here.

Mine are native Zwave rollers.

I don't have any RF shades.

I have done this several times. You will need a ZRTSI controller and configure each blind area that you want to control. I have also added a one second delay to all communications which makes it more reliable. I use the Somfy ZRTSI driver for Hubitat by Justin Walker. I actually use a Lutron Pico blind remote to control these blinds; it actually works great.

Sounds like Glydea. I expect that the generic Z-Wave Shade driver will work, but I do not have direct experience to confirm.

Thanks. My shades are not RTS. I don't have or need to have the RTS to Zwave. The shades are Zwave out of the box.

Thanks. I know for the longest time they were on generic Zwave with ST. They worked fine. Just trying to make sure they would work on Hubitat.

Testing drivers might be your best option here.

Yeah, I was thinking the same of just buying the hub and seeing what happens.

Thank you!

I don't see why not. I have 6 Zebra somfy rollers shades working fine with the generic driver.

Good to hear! Thanks!

I use the somfy hub to interface with the shades. This allows the remotes to work and still have web control in a stand alone scenario. Just in case we move and the new owner didn't want automation but still wanted controllable shades. I believe the driver used the local network to talk to the hub and control the shades.

1 Like

I will have to try the Somfy hub on one of my next homes.

What driver do you use?

Do you know if it uses the cloud or the traffic is local?

The communication traffic is on the local network as the somfy hub connects to the same network as HE. There is a driver available which allows for IP setting and shade names and settings. Driver is on HPM.

1 Like

Thank you. I will give my next Somfy house a try.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.