Support for Somfy ZRTSI (Z-wave bridge for Somfy RTS Blinds)?

I recently switched from Wink to Smarthings. I am a bit disappointed that that my Somfy ZRTS blinds do work in ST. Will the Somfy ZRTS work in Hubitat without a bunch of programming?

1 Like

I found this post that you may find of interest.

I do not have these blinds, so I can't confirm this, but a quick search yields a few somfy results

Are the ZRTS not Z-Wave? I am not familiar with the ZRTS but thought I recalled they had a separate hub of some sort . . .

The Somfy ZRTS is a Z-wave to radio transmitter interface up to 16 blinds. The new ones are z-wave.

I also do not have these blinds but from my very limited experience with HE I’d say that if they do not work via ST then it’s unlikely they'll work in HE - unless one of the cracking developers have done “a bunch of programming”

The ZRTSI worked with the generic dimmer driver for me, however I hacked together a driver for this from various ST drivers in order to support the MY position. I’ll try and clean it up soon and post it, but in the mean time you should be able to just use the dimmer driver.

1 Like

I have the 16 channel somfy blinds as well and would love to get them working.

Hot off the presses:

1 Like

Yes the ZRTSI does work with Hubitat, but it was a bit tricky to setup.

First, mine was paired with my Wink 2. I had to go into the RTS and do the z-wave reset command, then I have to use exclusion mode on the Hubitat to remove the various nodes from the Wink 2.

Once that was done, I was able to add the base notes to the Hubitat. For some reason I had to pair five base nodes before the RTS finally said that it was connected to the Z-Wave network. (Has a Z in the corner of the display). I selected "Generic Z-Wave Repeater" for each of the base nodes.

Once the base nodes were paired, and the "Z" was visible, I was able to add each virtual node using the menu on the RTS. I added all 16 virtual nodes even though I am controlling 9 blinds.
I set each as a "Generic Z-Wave Shade".

The open/close and on/off commands work to open/close the blinds, which is all I need for the most part. The Set Position command doesn't seem to work. And Alexa sees them as a switch so she only likes the On/Off command. Not an issue as I have then open automatically at sunrise, and close at sunset. I then setup a group on Alexa and a routine that lets me simply say "Close the blinds" that closes the whole group.

I will try augoisms driver tonight to see if the "My Position" works.

1 Like

I did add three of my shades successfully with a ZRTS. From the device detail page I can lower and rise the shades successfully including the "My Position" works great in all combinations I tried. However setting the position does not work.

Furthermore, the tile template for shades has a slider for position on it which in fact equally does not work. Unfortunately, there is no way to click "My Position" on that tile template. A new sompy type template needs be developed and the set position hopefully gets to work eventually.
Thanks for publishing your driver!

You need to use a Somfy RTS device (Telis, Decoflex, etc.) to set My Position because it requires special controlling not available in the ZRTSI.

I totally agree. However the “My position” button works to either stop motion or move to a preset position. That is available fully working through your driver, however there is no “button template” avsilable to expose the “My” button.

That, I wish I had.

I meat “Tile template”

Most Somfy motors do not support setting an explicit position. While the ZRTSI supports the multilevel command class that does not mean it can necessarily send position to a Somfy motor. I was not able to confirm if sending position even works for motors that support it. If the remote that came with your motor doesn’t have a dial to set the position then your motor likely doesn’t support it.

The driver allows interpreting a position of 50% to issue the myPosition command. It might be difficult to do this with a touchscreen slider, but this can be useful for voice assistants (e.g. Hey google, set the shades to 50%).

Alternatively you could create a virtual button and use rule machine to call the myPosition command. Not exactly what you’re looking for but it would get the job done.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.