Somfy Driver - Need help with error on script

I am currently utilizing a driver that the Hubitat community has suggested. It looks like this driver was ported from Smart Things.

Need some help with the script. It seems there is a problem occurring with this driver.

I have a total of 7 windows that I am utilizing this driver on. All of the shades seem to have random problems, they sometimes move just a little bit when I send the open or close command, not all the shades, sometimes only one shade has this problem and sometimes a few more.

I have been playing with the script a bit trying to track down this error and figure out how I could solve this problem. I have run into a bit of a snag and I think it is the root cause of the problem.

Here is my log file, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. The error is the last line in the file (bolded). I have purchased a Smart Things Hub, since I know these work on that Hub, but I really would like to solve this problem with Hubitat and not have to use another hub just for my blinds.

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:45.016 am debugzwaveEvent( SwitchMultilevelReport(value:13) ) returned []

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:45.007 am debugReported state is neither open or closed; device is on 100

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:44.746 am debugin on loop

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:44.659 am traceSwitchMultilevelReport cmd.value: 13

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:43.110 am debuglevel.inspect 100

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:43.095 am tracesetLevel(level) {100}

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:43.090 am traceon() treated as open()

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:40.159 am tracerefresh()

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:35.044 am debugzwaveEvent( BasicReport(value:13) ) returned []

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:30.077 am debuglevel.inspect 0

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:30.073 am tracesetLevel(level) {0}

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:30.068 am traceoff() treated as close()

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:29.018 am tracerefresh()

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:28.865 am debugzwaveEvent( BasicReport(value:13) ) returned []

dev:10582020-05-11 11:23:25.168 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_E_Sch_Somfy_Z_Wave_Shades_and_Blinds_Multi_tile_321.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport) values: [BatteryReport(batteryLevel:0)]

Are they shades or blinds? The Generic Z-Wave Shade driver seems to work well on my Graber cellular shades (Somfy guts, I believe). Are you looking for something the generic driver doesn't provide?

These are all shades. I have tried all the drivers even the generic shade driver and they all seem to have this problem. Not exactly the same error though. I was hoping to modify this script to suit my devices.

At the top of the script the "in on loop" I am currently able to catch the shade in the middle of the fault. But it will not accept any more commands from the script because it keeps throwing the same error. I was hoping to send a command that could clear the error and have it try again.

The modification I made catches the script at the point that it reports "Reported state is neither open or closed; device is on 100" at this point I am able to send the device another command, however, the commands are just ignored and instead the error just keeps being reported. unfortunately, the script just gets stuck in this endless loop.

Is there a way to clear this error and continue forward? If so I think I can get this driver to work with no issues.

This has been a problem since the day I purchased Hubitat. I previously had all my blinds on Wink, and was waiting to see if Hubitat would put out a update to correct this, so I did have one shade on Hubitat and would always try after each update to see if it was corrected. Wink made a bad business move and this weekend I moved all my devices over to Hubitat and have been struggling to try and come up with a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Like I said I did purchase SmartThings but I really don't want to put that to use if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Hey man, just to ensure you’re on the right track, have you reached out to any of the other members in the other Somfy threads, to ensure they’re having the same problem ??
Search turned up a few entries for Somfy that seemed to indicate they’ve been working.

I have reached out to Hubitat support directly and gave them my model number and device info. Waiting to hear back from them. The Generic Z-Wave Shade driver within Hubitat does work and does not throw an error, however it does have the same problem where randomly a shade or two will stop in the middle of opening or closing. I am just trying to be a bit proactive and come up with a working solution.

If you try to control "only one shade", does it work 100%?

I can see where you might have an issues trying to send 7 different Z-Waves commands at one time.

When the shade stopped at random position. Was the indicator light on the shade turned red for a few seconds then off? If that was the case then it's the shade firmware issue. This is a known issue with the v.12 firmware on Bali, Graber, Somfy etc.. they released v13 for this issue.
You will need to contact your shade provider for the firmware and use this driver below to update your shade.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank you. I have contacted ZebraBlinds even though I did not purchase from them they seem to be very willing to help me get this firmware driver.

Thank you, as soon as I receive the driver I will be using this software driver to perform the update.

Actually no. I have one room where there is only one shade and it does have random events also where it will just stop right after starting to open or closing and the red light comes on.

Just wanted to provide an update. The Hubitat Z-Wave Firmware Updater worked flawlessly and was able to update all my shades to the newest firmware v11.3. After this update my shades have worked flawlessly, I have had absolutely no more stalls. This was the last thing I had to completely be done with Wink for good. I now have two smart home hubs that I won't be using anymore.

Smartthings Hub I am going to keep for a backup, but I am actually just going to throw away my Wink hub.

Thanks for the update and glad you got them updated successfully.

@lsochia would you be able to DM the firmware? I have had no luck with Zebrablinds or Spring Blinds.

I'm glad you were able to get the blinds working by updating the firmware! Is there any way you could share the firmware with me? My blinds are having the same issue. I haven't had any luck with SWF or Zebra Blinds so far.

I am having the same problems as everyone else on the older firmware, I have planned to buy additional shades but if this can not be worked out I will go a different route. I have had no luck with Zebra Blinds or SWF for getting new firmware. If it was readily available for download it would solve EVERYONE'S problems.

I have been using the following driver for months on Somfy drapes with Somfy ZRTSI controller (1811265), works fine for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.