Something went wrong with my modes setup

Up until a couple of days ago, my mode setup worked great. all the lights on my home changed temperature when the mode changed but did not turn on automatically. Only when I pushed a physical button.

Now the lights are turning on automatically when the modes change although I didn't push anything. I'm not sure what I changed that did it.

Here's a screenshot of one mode setup with a physical button

What do your logs say at the time of the modes change? Also do you have echo/alexa? If so, check and turn off hunches.

Here is a screenshot of a log from where the mode changes

No. But I did use my phone's google home/voice assistance a few times this week. maybe something there is doing all the trouble.

Well it does say that the mode is not turning on and in wrong mode. I'd investigate your mode parameters first

The mode parameters are in my first screenshot. Do you see something irregular there?

BTW, the "Not turning on: not in time window" line is ok. It's a sensor that works at certain hours

I am pretty sure that the "adjust levels when mode changes" line is what I had to remove from my modes. Before I removed that, it was turning the lights and setting the levels anytime the mode changed.

Edited to add.... I know it says that it DOES NOT turn lights on/off because of mode changes. But, in my experience, it always did with the "adjust levels when mode changes" option was selected under "how to turn lights on." Maybe because dimmers cut on when adjusting level???

1 Like

Thanks! That seems to do the job but created a new one.

I did a little test - Turned off all the lights and changed a mode manually - The lights did not turn on. Also when I turned the lights back on (Via physical switcher), the levels and temperatures did reflect the current mode.

But...If I change the modes manually when the lights are still turned on, the lights don't adjust to the new mode. They stay as they were. ONLY if I turn the lights go off and on again (Via physical switcher), the light reflects the current mode correctly.

So turning off the "adjust levels when mode changes" option did one thing good but now I have no automatic mode change :confused:

Trying my luck again here.
It seems that the issue of my lights turning on automatically when mode changes are only happening with my Hue dimmer switch.
Nothing I do changes this issue.

Yeah, Definitely the Hue dimmer switch. And it also doesn't matter if the "adjust levels when mode changes" is turned off or not.
If the Hue dimmer switch is active, the lights will turn on when the mode changes.