Some hue bulbs not being controlled in device manager

Hi,
I have 6 hue bulbs (3 regular A19 and 3 candle type E12) in my kitchen that were brought in to hubitat via the hue bridge integration app. I'm trying to setup a night time motion controlled nightlight and having some difficulty setting it up. I want to turn on some or all of the E12s when motion is detected in night mode.
All bulbs are controlled by an inovelli red series 2 with buttons configured through rule machine in addition to being controlled by a motion rule. I've also imported the "kitchen" group from hue but not using it in any automations. Here's the issue. All the bulbs turn on and off in my automations and with the inovelli. However, when I go in to each bulb in the device manager, the candle bulbs will not turn on and off when I click on the corresponding button in preferences nor will the candle bulbs not turn off when I go into the group of lights in device manager. The regular hue bulbs go on and off individually and when I turn on and off in the group device.

All bulbs are running most recent firmware
HE running 2.1.9.114

Did your Hue Bridge take the recent firmware update??

I remember reading a post in the last few days in another forum (sorry, don't remember which one at the moment) that stated that the recent update was causing problems.

The issue is that the update changed the manufacturer name for all Philips bulbs to "Signify" (may not be the exact name string)... This is significant because many different platform integrations use the manufacturer name to decide on the driver to use or to work around quirks.

I don't know if this is an issue with HE, but @mike.maxwell may know if this is related...

1 Like

Yes on the recent hue bridge update. All the lights are showing up in HE with the huebridgebulb driver but as I was looking in the hue app I noticed that the candle lights are showing as unreachable even though they are on and I can't switch them off via the app. So it looks like I have some other issues to sort out there.

Thanks for the nudge to look further back in the chain!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.