Some devices not recognized by Google and Alexa

I have several devices (IKEA shades) that are on the list of devices in the HE app, but they are not showing up on the list of devices in the Google app nor in the Alexa app. I have both connected to HE and tried rediscovering with no success. Only some devices are there. These devices CAN be controlled by HE so that part is fine.

Any ideas?

The official google home integration does not support blinds, shades or curtains.

This integration does. and many other devices as well.

Thanks for the info. I removed HE from Google and added it back in and now everything in HE is on the Google list but the shades did not get added to the devices Google can control via voice.

What puzzles me is all 11 shades :sunglasses: were able to be controlled by Google and Alexa with ST. I am migrating by room. The 8 shades that are still on ST work fine with voice commands. Only the shades that were migrated to HE do not respond to voice commands.

The ST integration supports those devices. Hubitat's does not. It's not that they can't be added by Hubitat, they just haven't been added yet.

If you are using the built in Google Home integration, you will not be able to control shades (as shades). If they also use the switchLevel capability (also appear with a "level" like a dimmer) you can control them in Google Home as a dimmer.

Ah! The answer I was looking for! Thank you!

Now about the IKEA remote....

Hubitat version 2.2.9 has added support for garage doors and window shades to the Amazon Alexa Skill. There may be some tweaks still required to get everything working smoothly for all devices, but at least the Hubitat team is making improvements to the skill. They have also mentioned that they plan to enhance the Google Home integration as well.

1 Like

I was considering moving the IKEA shades back to ST and move them back to HE once the Google / Alexa integration is complete.

Edit All IKEA shades back on ST for now

Does this mean that the notation The Amazon Echo Skill app and Alexa Hubitat Skill are capable of controlling are on/off switches, dimmers and locks [sic] in the Wiki is no longer strictly true? I've been trying to get Alexa to control my already-recognized GoControl garage door opener and wondering if I've hit a dead end or should keep banging on it.

If your Garage Door follows the standard capability for a Door Control, the I would hope that it would work properly with Alexa. I have not tested it as I am a little leery of allowing Alexa control of any locks and doors in my home.

At this point, I know the Alexa Skill for Hubitat supports Switches, Dimmers, Color Lights, Contact Sensors, Motion Sensors, Thermostats, Temperature Sensors, Door Locks, Fans, Window Shades, and Garage Doors. This is based on a combination of firsthand experience and release notes.

2 Likes

I'm a noob here - are we responsible for contributions to keep the support Wikis up-to-date or is that the province of Hubitat admins?

Community Members have the option of helping to keep the documentation up to date. However, I believe most of the updates are performed by Hubitat Staff members. You can simply submit a request to correct the documentation to support@hubitat.com.

Tagging @bcopeland and @bobbyD to make sure the process above is still the correct method to get Hubitat documentation updates submitted.

Bryan, looks like the Alexa Skill documentation could some updates based on you recent changes over the past few months. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.