I'm migrating over from SmartThings, and I really like the Motion Lighting App. Can replace a lot of custom rules/pistons. However, I can't seem to get the "Don't turn off if already on" option to work. Here's my setup:
- One motion sensor on my front porch. (It's actually a Virtual Motion Sensor in HE, if that matters.)
- One GE Z-Wave Plus Switch (NOT a dimmer) to control the front porch lights.
- Trying to use minimal settings:
- Motion Sensors: Virtual Front Porch Motion Sensor
- Lights to Turn On: Switches per mode: Porch Light, Modes: Away, Day, Evening, Night
- Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options: Delay off for 0 minutes, Don't turn off if already on
- All other settings at defaults.
What I expect: If the front porch light starts as "off", then it will turn on when the motion sensor goes "active", and turn off immediately when the motion sensor goes "inactive". BUT, if the front porch light starts as "on", then motion events will have no effect on the front porch light.
What's actually happening: I start the front porch light as "on". I then trigger motion "active". Then I trigger motion "inactive". When motion goes "inactive", the app is incorrectly turning the front porch light off.
Do I have the app misconfigured?