[SOLVED] Hub updates fail C4

I did a Full Reset as was having issues with hub crashing after a few hours and seemed quicker to start again thank wait for support to get back to me.
One issue remains when I try to update I get update failed where the download goes to 24% then starts verifying and then download failed.
I sent network details to support days ago but no answer. The network setup hasn't changed for more than a year.
Can anybody please help!

Here is a video of the update process

:scream_cat:

That is a weird choice as it just cost you a lot of work, but OK.

You don't list any details about your network, so I am not sure we can give specific advice. Did you try plugging Hubitat into a different port on your router or switch? Did you try plugging it directly into the modem? Is there any software on your router (flood control, Dos protection, spam prevention, etc) that might be interfering?

Google WiFi with hub plugged into a switch which is plugged into the internet google WiFi Puck. Google wifi connected to modem for fixed wireless. No router.

Tried hub in another switch port - same.
Tried hub plugged into Google WiFi port directly - no change.
Network hasn't changed for years.

Hi there, you mentioned that your have performed a Full Reset, did you have a chance to register your hub after reset? I am no longer able to locate a cloud registration for your hub.

From your hub's web interface click the Hubitat logo, then click "Register Hub"

1 Like

Yes registered with updated gmail address. As per support email

2 Likes

Thank you. I think we found the registration problem. Could you please try to update again, now?

2 Likes

Fixed!

2 Likes

@norm, sorry to hijack your thread.
I am having same issue, been trying to update for months but the download process always fail. Sometimes it reached 80ish% which make me hopeful but it never completed.

Now I am trying again:
Currently running version: 2.2.3.119
New Version Available: 2.2.4.158

I have 2 wifi networks and hubitat is on IoT network. Hub is registered. I changed the address of the hub to a fixed address in my IoT network. Hub is showing correct address under portal.habitat.com.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Getting something similar here as well on my C7. I was able to update my C3 no problems. Going from 2.2.4.148 to 2.2.4.158. C7 has been registered and is on the same network. Any help would be great.

Looks like a got database out of control. Please try hitting this enpoint:

http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/deleteDatabaseTraceFiles

and downloading latest version from the diagnostics tool (http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/).

Thank you very much, I am back in action!

1 Like