[SOLVED] Alexa broke?

Is anybody else having problems with Alexa linking? I keep getting an “we are unable to link Hubitat at this time”

It had been working fine for along time, but noticed this week I could not turn lights on/offalexa broke?

Hi there, sorry for the troubles. There are no known outages. Just a few thoughts:

1. Please make sure your hub is connected to the cloud (you may need to reboot your hub from Settings).
  2. If you disabled the skill in Amazon's Alexa app, make sure that you remove the "Amazon Echo Skill" from your "Apps" in the Hubitat Elevation web interface.
  3. Check your hub registration to make sure you are trying to link the skill in Amazon Alexa app, using the account that the hub was registered with: yourHubIP*/hub/register

'* replace yourHubIP with actual IP address of your hub

If the problem persists, please send me a private message with your hub's UID (or MAC address) so we can further research (or email us at support@hubitat.com if you didn't do so already).

Thanks will do tonight when I get home

I was having issues with Alexa yesterday morning in the Alexa app and with Amazon prime, so there may have been an Amazon issue.

1 Like

It ended up being just a reboot of the hub and then doing the authorization again and it worked thank you guys very much

4 Likes

I have had nothing but issues. It doesn't matter if I perform these steps. I can reboot the hub, remove the skills and devices, and start over again....it still doesn't work with voice commands. I can use the Alexa app or Hubitat dashboard, but the Echo voice commands just don't work any more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.