[Solved] 2.0.6. All my Xiaomi devices went offline

1. Thats all.
    Just went into the hall and no lights came on.
    That sensor has gone dead again. Re-paired it twice already.
    Time to revert to see if that improves things.

Do any of the people that have been beta testing 2.0.6 have Xiaomi devices? If not, that seems like a miss on the testing considering how many people use them (aka they are not a one-off / niche product line)...

Oh well. Guess I re-learned my lesson - no updating on day 1... :frowning:

Now I'm off to disable all of my temperature balancing, thermostat calibration, and vent manipulation apps.

The changes were to increase the size of the Source Routing Table, which must be large enough to store the routes for all devices on a Zigbee network, if many to one routing (MTORR) is to be used. Before these fixes, that table was limited to 16 devices, which meant that a lot of route discovery requests clogging up the network and in some cases being lost. A common symptom of that is SEDs reporting multiple duplicate events (battery, contact, etc.). This was especially frustrating for those using the Samsung buttons, which would frequently report mulitple button presses, due to multiple messages being sent by the device.

I sympathize, but that's hardly considered a miss, especially when they're not officially supported and widely reported have difficulties on other platforms like ST. That said, I hope they can track it down for you.

If someone wants to donate some Xiaomi devices I'll be happy to add them to the ongoing testing I do.

1 Like

(deleted as new info below made it pointless)

Yes, I have several and was probably the first person to report problems with the custom parsing of their values on 2.0.5. I didn't notice any problems besides the one above that I figured was my fault on 2.0.6, but sorry if I let everyone down this time. :laughing: (If I did, I'll repeat the good news that everything has been fine since re-pairing the few that fell off, but I still think it was me moving my Zigbee routers.)

Sounds like they did @bertabcd1234 see posts above

No worries, and it is good to hear that there was a tester with them in the beta.

I'll try re-pairing mine when I get home.

Out of the 10 I have it looks like 8 dropped off, 2 did not.

I do yes. I’ve not seen any issues. Have around 25 Xiaomi devices, contacts, motion sensors (old and aqura) and buttons.

I have quite a few Xiaomi devices, and whilst I only updated to 2.0.6 an hour ago, everything seems fine.

1 Like

Yup. Been fine. I have a script that notifies me when they haven't reported in after x (should be ever hour but sometimes they skip even though they are still online) hours so I know when they have eventually dropped off.

I have had none drop off since 2.0.6

I have had my hub crash, but don't think that was a 2.0.6 issue, the devices did join back though eventually.

OK, good. Maybe I'll be OK after re-pairing then.

Should be able to do that in an hour or two. I should have waiting until I was hope to upgrade anyway... BUT... I was finishing my new GoControl thermostat driver, and figured 'while in in there...'. :smile:

1 Like

After re-pairing some devices a number of times only to find them dropping off, I have reverted back to 2.0.5.
I had to re-pair 70% of them, hardly surprising I suppose and so far they are staying paired OK.

I hope we are not going to go down the road of 'they are not officially supported' route.

Could this have been coincidence like your hub (or their router) going offline, e.g., for the firmware update, during the their desired check-in time and kicking them off? Otherwise I'm sure you're aware of the general problems with these, including the need to be picky about Zigbee routers/"repeaters."

There are at least a couple of us these are still working for, so I'd be curious if there's anything different about your network.

I have a few devices... I just updates. And left it. Will be back home in an hour or two let's see which surprise I have.
My zigbee network on the hub is all Xiaomi.

I have the issues too, and I had no issues with my hub with just Xiaomi and Tradfri. But today I had to factory reset my hubs, I can't roll back the firmware...

Well folks, I just fired up my xbee and I can see what is the problem in my mesh, all the sensors connected directly to the hub dropped, but not the sensors using the Tradfri repeater. @srwhite do you have any idea why? Thanks

1 Like

Nothing on those changes, should make this type of issues. Is a little bizarre.
My only grasp at a theory was the stack changes imply a route table to be redone and this caused issues with the Xiaomi drivers. But without understand how the changes were implemented and how that affect the drivers from @veeceeoh is a wild guess at best.

Let's give @mike.maxwell @veeceeoh @chuck.schwer a few hours to come up with a theory.

This is expected as the outlet/repeaters have their own stack I believe.

Edit: meant routing table :smiley:

Thank you for the information, we are looking into it.

2 Likes

Hmm. I'll have to map my network when I have some time at home to see if I still have any connected directly to the hub. (Come to think of it, I have a motion sensor I paired right next to it and haven't moved and it's one that fell off, so this is a good guess. It probably had always been connected directly to the hub.)