So what's the latest on migrating C5's to C7's and moving the database and devices - a "painless" migration

I haven't heard anything in a long while about this. I am in on a subscription model. I am out on excluding and re-including 110 devices and 50 rules that will take a week to fix. Would move to the C7 today if i could but can't. No problem paying a reasonable subscription to save a week of my time. No brainer. Appreciate it if HE can share this with us. Thank you and great job - love the product.

This post in a different thread two weeks ago summarizes the answer.

Having a C4 I had no choice. I have found it is not as bad as I feared. I backup up the C4 and loaded it on the C7, disabled all the rules and I also initially disabled Z-Wave as I knew those would be the last to move, moving the Zigbee devices was fairly painless. I moved 35 (+/-) over the course of about four days. Along the way I decided to get another C7 and when that came in I started moving Z-Wave devices to it. What a freaking PITA that has been! Two reasons - just the aggravation of excluding them from the C4 but also the very cantankerous Z-Wave stack on the C7. In any case, I have about half of them moved (about 15 +/-). The rules are easy - worst case you just have to de-select an old device and select a new device. So far I have not had to manually edit any rules (meaning all the changes can be done from picklists). For all the grief that Bruce gets for Rule Machine, he has made the job much easier with the newer releases of RM. I'm not all done yet - I have all but 2 Zigbee devices moved, I have about half the Z-Wave still on the C4 and half on the new C7. I have automations (rules) running on both the C4 and the (Zigbee) C7. I've been sidetracked with some other changes and new devices I decided to throw in the mix. Hub Mesh makes this task VASTLY easier than it would have been in the past. Sorry about rambling.

Other than HUE, i have 100+ Zwave devices. I can wait!!! thank you for sharing. Wish i could participate in the beta. I appreciate the prompt feedback. Thank you j