So edited a rule, screwed up conditions and now cannot remove [Resolved, "delete app" button on "gear" page]

This is totally my fault. I was editing a rule changing a complex condition and inadvertently saved something I shouldn't have.

I know I should have just removed the rule but the logic was a little tricky and I was lazy and did not want to recreate.. however I can no longer get to the rule to remove - I now get this:

How do I get out of this? Do I have to remove rule machine and recreate all my rules again?

I know i could click on the "gear" in the upper right of that picture and then click "Remove App" button down at the bottom of the page but will that remove RM entirely or just the rule?

Just the rule. I had to do it once too.

1 Like

Yep that did it thank you. Still I think RM is too brittle. I know this was sort of discussed in another thread - features or stability but it's really hard to work with conditions/rules especially complex ones - just starting over is becoming a real pain.. especially if all you want to do is add a condition to a large complex rule or worse remove one.

2 Likes

Remember, if you accidentally select the wrong condition, nothing says you HAVE to use all the conditions you define in the rule itself. If you pick the wrong one or want to change it, just add one and then when you set up the rule, don't use the ones you don't want.

This is sort of true, however, those conditions will still cause rule evaluation to occur when their states change. That could have undesirable effects. Best plan is to start over on that rule. Future release will allow conditions to be deleted.

1 Like

Okay, then you might want to change your answer in the other thread....which is where I got it from.