SNZB-02 new model breaks driver

I recently received a Sonoff SNZB-02D which appears to be a new version of this temp/humidity sensor. The new model has an LCD screen with full-time display of T&H. The old model had no screen, and no "D" appended to the model name.

The problem is that Hubitat installs a driver that has no functionality. The Device page shows the model number (missing the "D" IIRC) but no status and no temp or humidity readings. It gets labeled "Device" but that hasn't been an impediment to others loading the old version SNZB-02.

It's the same with both the generic driver and the one labeled Sonoff T&H specifically.

I'm returning the LCD model SNZB-02D and reordering the older model SNZB-02. Wish me luck; I'll post the results here.

Did you return it already?
Have you seen @kkossev 's fine work on this class of device?
Having a display is cool.

2 Likes

I've packed it up but haven't returned it. I need one at the attic ventilator, nobody will be reading it.

Have you seen @kkossev 's fine work

Thank you for that. After a short dive, I find his caution it "may be difficult to pair with C-7 hubs" and then he says "I've just put a warning in the first post of this driver thread that SNZB-02D works with C-8 hub only!"

So I'm returning it and beginning to ask if I need a new hub. (Ouch- $180!)

1 Like

I read this as that the device has successfully paired to your hub. As it is a relatively new device, it is normal that the hub does not recognize it and does not assign the correct inbuilt driver automatically. This device fingerprint will probably be included in the next platform update. It is the same process with all Zigbee hubs, not just HE.

After you have manually assigned the HE inbuilt "Sonoff Zigbee Temperature/Hunidity Sensor" driver. did you try pairing the device again to the hub (without deleting it) ?

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!. I was thinking to return to HA because I bought 4 SNZB-02D and no one sent any data (I´m new with Hubitat and have a brand new C-8). After reading some posts, I´ve tryed repairing them withot deleting it... and Voila!.. I have data now.

Thanks for your commitment with the group!

1 Like

Hi, just wanted to let you know that after a few remove and re-add operations, I managed to add this sensor on my C7. using @kkossev driver it appears to be working fine

Coming back after 1 day, the sensor is disconnected. however, it appears to be working fine with an old driver provided by Oh-la labs (not maintained anymore apparently)