SNZB-02 (Sonoff Temp Humidity Sensor), detected by HE but cannot initialized

I had bought new HE C-8, complete hook it up now using ethernet connection. But I have already took me hours and still cannot add the device SNZB-02 Temperature sensor to HE C8. Pressed reset button for 5 secs, the zigbee blinked 3 times, HE managed to find the device but fail at initialization. It recommended pairing using legacy method but also not working.

• tried reset
  • tried changing new battery for the device
  • tried restarted the HE
  • tried looking for answer from FAQ and some other postings,

all the above does not solve this add device issue with Sonoff SNZB-02. My HE is running version 2.3.5.125, gave up to update to version .146. ( I have managed to update to 2.3.5.146 on 4th June 2023)

Seeking some advice, appreciate it

I got mine to pair but I haven't found a driver to make it work. I got it for just reading the temp so I really didn't try too hard to get it working.

I am using two of these Sonoff SNZB-02 sensors, and both work very well using this driver.

2 Likes

Could you refer me to a guide how to install the driver in the link referred. There is no usb or com port on the SNZB02, how do we do that. I tried searching in the youtube, couldn’t find anyone making the video how to do it

This device is a bit twitchy to get initialized, for me it wouldn't even try joining on channel 18, but did on channel 11.
The inbuilt driver works fine with this device.

3 Likes

I have several of these SonOff temp/humidity sensors SNZB-02 and use the driver from Oh La Labs (Zigbee - SonOff temperature & humidity sensor).

They have been working great since installation 05/02/2022.

2 Likes

I will try on this,

Could you describe the source where i can refer to about installing them in the HE

I followed the directions that came with the sensor.

Basically, long press reset button on the device for 5s until the LED indicator flashes three times, which means the device has entered the pairing mode, and be patient until pairing completes.

Read more: https://manuals.plus/sonoff/snzb-02-temperature-and-humidity-sensor-manual#ixzz83WR1BLZk

Then change the driver to the one I mentioned in my previous post.

If you still have issues, let me know.

3 Likes

I start with installing the driver from On La Labs, after that I went left menu, Device , +add device, zigbee sonoff temp sensor. I have got still the same error. The following pictures to illustrate what steps were taken:

After installing new driver from Oh La Labs,

My device list now:

The HE hub found the Temp sensor, but couldn't initialize successfully, see 2 pictures below.

Picture 2:

I cycle a few times factory resetting the sensor and pairing again, but no success.

Next step, I did change the channel from 20 to 11, but still same issue, unable to initialize,

Have you tried pairing it after the ‘Rebuild Network’ button was pressed?

1 Like

I will do as recommended

This ( rebuild network button) has helped me once or twice for pairing other problematic devices.

But there is no guarantee, I still have a bunch of other devices that will not pair to C-8. And another set of devices, which will not pair to C-7.

1 Like

I took the step to "rebuild network"in the Zigbee menu. reset the sensor and start pairing with the HE. The issue of not able to complete the initialization still happened after rebuild network. I tried twice resetting the sensor. The status as per below snapshot:

it goes to fail after few seconds it was at zero counter

So it still remains a mystery why some devices have problems pairing in some environments, while the same devices pair without a problem for others.

2 Likes

Is there any way to overcome this, Ive got 4 SNZB02 tempt sensor for installation

If you have not already tried this... after it fails, try resetting the devices following manufacturer's instructions while your hub is NOT in pairing mode.

After the device reset, try pairing again.

When my zigbee radio has a higher power level than 8, I find these battery powered devices are harder to pair and don't stay paired. With power level at 8 and repeaters like GE Enbrighten in wall switches, Tuya repeaters, and Tradfi outlets, batter powered devices pair properly in place and stay connected.

2 Likes

I tried using power level 8, but also it's not successful in initializing.
I have tried many approaches:

• Tried using drivers from Oh LA Labs,
  • Tried installing the KKOSEV drivers just incase it might work with the SNZB02
  • Tried rebuild the network in the zigbee setting
  • Tried changing the channel to 11 (from 20) and power level to 8 (from 16)
    -Tried the resetting prior the pairing 1st
  • Tried the "Pairing in exchange keys in clear mode"

All the above unable to address the issue the device stuck at initialization, I tried all of my 4 SNZB02 Temp sensors, they are having the same initialization issue.

What else can be done, appreciate your advices

Drivers that I've installed:

Zigbee channel and power level changed to 11 and 8 respectively

Pairing in exchange key in clear mode

Pairing in "avoid Zigbee 3.0 repeaters mode"

My 4 Temp Sensors SNZB02

I've successfully used the SNZB-02 on channels 15, 20 and 25. Although not on a C8.

2 Likes

I have put a try on your recommendations, but the same issue, it cannot reach to a successful initialization.

after reaching zero counter, it's still initializationing:

I tried to see the router's wifi's current channel:

Is there anything I can do in router setting to solve this issue, appreciate your advice