Smoke detector "Unprocessed Event"! 😬

Had a Z-wave smoke alarm go off (thankfully just oven/cooking). The expected result is that the Hubitat Safety Monitor is triggered, lights turn on, door unlocks, piston runs, etc., but nothing happened. The log shows an "Unprocessed Event" for the smoke detector. What the heck is that and how do I fix it? It has worked previously in the past month.

Platform Version: 2.3.5.101
Hardware Version: Rev C-7

Would need to know what driver you are using, and is it system or user. If this is a system driver looks like it lacking the ability to pick up those notifications. Also Make/model of the device.

The Alarm Level 255 is alert, the 0 means it is clear/idle. Not sure what the difference between AlarmType 1 and 13 is off hand.

1 Like

01 = Smoke Alarm
13 = Home Health (unless the 13 is hex, not dec, then it's pest control... :wink: )

But I also don't see an FF level in Home Health notifications, so dunno what the device really is telling us.

1 Like

Those print outs are always decimal. I do have the zwave spec sheet for notifications class, just did not feel like looking :slight_smile: Comes in handy though since there are so many.

1 Like

I have the First Alert Z Combo smoke/CO detectors. I use the system Generic Z-Wave Plus Smoke/CO driver.

The reporting and automations have worked previously.

Try running a configure maybe? I don’t think they have changed the driver, nothing in change log anyway. Would have to use test button and see if that sends the reports out.

That's a good thought. There are no commands available for that device in that driver, though. (It's also unlikely that the battery is 100%, but all three detectors reported correctly until I replaced the batteries the first time.)

Welp, happened again. Smoke detector goes off with no notifications or automations (turn lights on, unlock doors, etc). These have worked previously. Anyone have any other ideas?

Using First Alert Z Combo detector with the Generic Z-Wave Plus Smoke/Co Detector driver.

Here's the last few log entries. It looks like it's checking in every hour or so. 4:38 was when the alarm went off.
dev:7642023-04-05 04:38:11.912 PMdebugUnprocessed Event: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType: 1, v1AlarmLevel: 0, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 0, event: 0, sequence: false, eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: [], sequenceNumber: 0)
dev:7642023-04-05 04:36:05.683 PMdebugUnprocessed Event: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType: 1, v1AlarmLevel: 255, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 0, event: 0, sequence: false, eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: [], sequenceNumber: 0)
dev:7642023-04-05 04:34:18.230 PMdebugUnprocessed Event: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType: 13, v1AlarmLevel: 255, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 0, event: 0, sequence: false, eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: [], sequenceNumber: 0)
dev:7642023-04-05 03:31:31.964 PMdebugUnprocessed Event: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType: 13, v1AlarmLevel: 255, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 0, event: 0, sequence: false, eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: [], sequenceNumber: 0)
dev:7642023-04-05 02:28:47.911 PMdebugUnprocessed Event: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType: 13, v1AlarmLevel: 255, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 0, event: 0, sequence: false, eventParametersLength: 0, eventParameter: [], sequenceNumber: 0)

Platform Version: 2.3.5.121
Hardware Version: Rev C-7

@support_team @bcopeland Seems like a driver issue, not catching all the possible events from the device.

I actually have one of these now. Mine says it is model ZCOMBO made in 2020. Have not hooked it up yet. Sounds like I will be making a custom driver with all the issues being reported.

Another user was having issues with the battery reports not updating, they ended up excluding and pairing again and it fixed it. Not sure if something has changed with the configure on the driver when the device is first joined or what is going on.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.