Smoke alarm in app just worked!

OK, this is awesome too. I installed the Hubitat Safety Monitor (HSM) app and it found my Z-wave smoke alarms (ZCOMBO), flood alarms, doors, motion etc. I didn't want to mess with it too much so I just asked it to report to my Google speakers for testing.

However, this morning I got a message on my phone that Smoke was detected! My wife had left the turkey patties on without the stove fan on so it was minor but legit. I had done nothing except install the Hubitat Android App and the HSM app and I got this! Very cool Hubitat.

6 Likes

Does this mean you had to go out to eat? It could set up an unintended precedent if you did. Need to get out, burn meal.

3 Likes

These are the golden ideas I keep coming here for :joy:

I didn't realize this was unusual. I have been using it for years. :wink:

1 Like

Next thing you know it. @zarthan will tell you to flood your house so you don't have to mob the floor :joy:

What a great suggestion. And if you add a little soap to that flood water the floors should be clean when the water eventually drains.

1 Like

That's a nice touch that the smoke detectors were added automatically and a notification was generated automatically!

1 Like