SMC Networks SMCSM02-Z Smoke Detector (Zigbee)

I have a SMC Networks SMCSM02-Z Smoke Detector (Zigbee) that I have discovered using Hubitat, however the generic SmartSense Multi V1 Type doesn't show any activity from the detector? This unit was part of a Xfinity Comcast setup. Any ideas or experience with this device?

Sounds like you’re trying to assign the driver for the smartthings multisensor version 1? That’s for a different type of device. I don’t think there’s a generic zigbee smoke detector driver.

Thanks for responding. I’m hoping someone has some interface experience with this unit

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

I find no custom drivers available for this on ST or HE. There is only one compatible Zigbee smoke detector and that is the Halo + which @mike.maxwell did a significant amount of work to create the driver. I've heard of SMC, but never heard of an SMC smoke detector.

Perhaps if you are not too invested in this Brand/Model, it would be better to look for a compatible detector. There are four Z-Wave detectors that work with HE.

My personal favorite is Nest Protect. While WiFi and not directly compatible with HE, I have setup an integration via a Homebridge plugin for Nest, and I am using HomeKit automations to trigger virtual switches, thus turning on lights and shutting down the furnace in the event of a Smoke or CO emergency.

Thanks for your input. Thought I might be able to salvage this unit but I’m not invested with SMC so I will move on.

1 Like

Out of curiosity...what does the fingerprint for this device look like?

The driver in this post might work or be a good starting point:

Or perhaps the Halo Smoke Alarm driver might work? Not sure if that is a standard IAS Zone device...

Mitchp-sorry not sure what you mean by fingerprint? Thanks

Right after you pair it, there’s a little info shown and a link that says more

Click the link and the full device Zigbee fingerprint is shown. Paste that here in this thread

With the information SmartHomePrimer provided I tried the Ecolink unit and it has given a response but I haven’t had time to test the SMC Unit. Can I still provide you all with the fingerprint information you requested?

Have not had any luck with this unit so I will research and move onto another type. Thank you all for helping

1 Like

You certainly can. Don't have a unit to test with, but it should follow the spec so a driver could be written "blind". It should be very similar to the other Zigbee smoke/gas alarms.

Thanks for the reply. I need to study Zigbee driver specs before I proceed with your recommendations to create a "Blind" driver. Thanks for your time.

Oh I wasn’t suggesting you write it. There are those on the forums that could give it a go either modifying an existing driver or creating from scratch if the fingerprint was known.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.