Smartthings to Hubitat!

Been on smart things v2 hub for the last 5 years or so waiting on the right time. Santa brought the $99 model and 3 days into it I'm already off the Smartthings!.

Most of the work was remembering how to reset/exclude my various devices but easy enough to get them roomed-out, HSM setup and basic dashboard buttons figured out. Took me a few hours to rummage about and get my Honeywell thermostats to work with the custom driver from this community but so far its great!

The whole thing feels more solid and less flighty than ST was. Looking forward to growing with it!

10 Likes

Welcome! and what took you so long? :grin:

1 Like

(Un)Fortunately lots of threads here for us exPats of ST. I made the leap 2 years ago after the glorious beginning with the Kickstarter. 5 years ago things were going downhill like a luge.
Faster, stable, complete. And, if not, these guys just change s*t up to accomodate it make your Beta OS spin. :rofl:

1 Like

Grab your shades! Your home automation future is very very bright. Welcome!

2 Likes

Right on! Thanks all.

Got some third reality buttons from amazon tonight.

See ya!

1 Like

@user3689 Take a gander at this post too to avoid some gotchas.

Welcome aboard. I jumped ship from ST just about 3 years ago. I agree, migrating devices was the worst part. And finding the one or two odd devices that wouldn't work in HE.

It's so much faster with automations isn't it? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.