SmartStart Names not Adopted

When using version 1.5.0 of Hubitat (C7, v2.2.3.118) for Android (10, Build number QQ3A.200805.001), the device labels I enter into SmartStart are not being assigned to the devices. The devices I have included this way, the Inovelli LZW36 and the LZW30-SN, do get included as S2 secured devices. But they just get the default device names, the device label is null. The devices remain in the "included, pending" state in the SmartStart list, which I understand to mean that they have been included in the Z-Wave mesh but the name/location assignments remain incomplete.

There are a couple quirks with the SmartStart list that I noticed which may be related. For my first device, I had to click the list entry to edit the name/location. For my second device, it copied the name and location from my first device, and I had to look at the DSK to determine which one was which, and rename the second one. Also, often when I open the SmartStart list, I will see duplicate entries for my pending items (included already or not).

Thanks for any help.

This is the correct state, per silabs. Once the device includes on the hub there is nothing left to do. We currently do not have a room schema and the smartstart device name is not used when the device is added.
These features will likely be added in the future.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. If you'll indulge my curiosity, to what task does "pending" refer in this state?

I honestly don't remember and it's not worth describing, to be honest now that we've passed cert some of these confusing and irrelevant messages that were required for certification will be removed and or simplified.

2 Likes