Smartsense Multi sensor v4 not reporting as a contact device

No, not suggesting anything drastic like that. Maybe there's something that changed.

Right after pairing, when you click "SAVE" there's a link that says "More". Unfortuanatly it is only available just after pairing, before you close that window. If you click that "More" link, it will show the entire device fingerprint. Can you pair another one, click that More link and then past the device details here for @mike.maxwell to have a look at. He writes the device drivers.

That's not going to happen, but you're free to add your own custom drivers.

I wonder why they wouldn't consider it considering that was available day one on ST and knowing the creators of HE, it just make no sense...anyway the info you requested is on it's way

Can't speak for their motives, but they have said they made a decision to do things differently than ST and keep their driver and app code unpublished. I don't question their decision becuase it's not hindering me one tiny bit. I use a combination of their code and custom code. Everything works great. Best hub I've ever used.

SmartSense Multi Sensor V4 7762

Saved

Manufacturer: CentraLite

Product Name: SmartSense Multi Sensor V4

Model Number: 3321-S

deviceTypeId: 146

more...

manufacturer:CentraLite
address64bit:000D6F00056B3AD0
address16bit:7762
model:3321-S
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:null
endpoints.01.manufacturer:CentraLite
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05,FC02
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:null
endpoints.01.outClusters:0019
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:3321-S
endpoints.01.stage:4
endpoints.02.manufacturer:null
endpoints.02.idAsInt:2
endpoints.02.inClusters:0000,0001,0003,0B05,FC0F
endpoints.02.endpointId:02
endpoints.02.profileId:C2DF
endpoints.02.application:null
endpoints.02.outClusters:0003
endpoints.02.initialized:true
endpoints.02.model:null
endpoints.02.stage:4

1 Like

Check this thread. It might help.

Well I will say that I've been monitoring this for several months now and was getting very frustrated with the newer way of ST since Samsung bought them. The original moto for them was local control and they failed to deliver. Their new app is beyond terrible to the point the wife said fix it or remove it. But I was not expecting HE to say no we won't provide our driver code. That very disappointing.

Thanks for the help, I've been through that treat already , they are referring to the no V driver. Already tried that a few hours ago. Felling a very disappointed with the new toy at the moment.

LOL. You just received it today! Give support a chance to respond - support@hubitat.com
They're top notch. The community is great with answers too.

If you give it time, you're not going to care that you can't look under the hood at their drivers. They make things work with their built-in drivers instead of leaving it broken an making you fix it yourself. That's the primary and refreshing difference between HE and ST.

I'm not a Zigbee guy but I sure read a lot about the need for Repeaters. If this is one of your first Zigbee's, maybe it's time to build out your mesh first with other Zigbee devices.

Sounds like his issue is that they aren't showing the contact capability, not that they're not connecting.

Csteele, I've got 23 of them puppies and no it's not my first rodeo, I can count 7 of them within 10' of the hub. I wish it was a repeater issue...

You can try your ST driver to see if it works. Change any occurrences of physicalgraph in the code to hubitat. If you're good at editing groovy, you can also take out anything to do with Tiles, that's not used here. But if you leave it in, it will be ignored so it's not absolutely necessary that you remove it.

Here's how to install custom drivers on HE.

will do...Thank you for your help...Yes I contacted the email support...Time to start grooveing

Can you post a picture of this device?

Try the generic zigbee contact sensor driver.
What capabilities does this device support?

Here's the info directly from the smarthing device handler:

capability "Three Axis"
capability "Battery"
capability "Configuration"
capability "Sensor"
capability "Contact Sensor"
capability "Acceleration Sensor"
capability "Refresh"
capability "Temperature Measurement"
capability "Health Check"

Mike,
I've tried the generic zigbee contact sensor driver as well but it's it's also not showing a contact capability.