[smartly][css] removing icons (remove, hide)

I don't feel like it should be seen as punishment/discipline at all! it'll make it easier for someone to find by searching for "remove icons". thread title keyword matches score high in search, and in smartly itself I've customized the topic split notification with the original question so it's obvious what question was answered.

I see that question about json changes persisting through smartly updates, but that'll have to be answered by PM (looks like tech may be taking care of that.)

to reiterate, there is no problem starting questions in the release thread at all, totally 100% preferred. I think there is just a negative connotation that goes along with topic splits because it doesn't happen much. The only reason it doesn't happen much is because there are only like 5 active members that have the option to do it. I'm using it as a tool so our solutions are easy to search for. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply and add context. I didn't take the "boot" negatively at all, totally understand the need to manage the thread, part of my duties at my last company was working w/the teams that managed our support forums, and we ran into this issue all the time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for making the tool available, it's awesomer and awesomer as you see the potential...

2 Likes

Nice work integrating into the main thread. You are both skilled and dexterous. :wink:

1 Like

is it possible to hide a dashboard link icon?

I'm not sure...I tried to and it didn't work, but probably didn't do it correctly. It was late so I didn't spend time investigating when it didn't work. Lazy.... :wink:

Change tile-# to the tile your targeting.

#tile-9 .tile-primary:before{display:none;}

or to remove icon from all dash link tiles use

.tile.dashboard .tile-primary:before{display:none;}

OK, tile-specific, just like individual device tiles...

Can't remember what I tried. Maybe just as well, it might be embarrassing. :wink:

The "global" one, that's what I tried. Must have got the syntax wrong.

I believe the correct technical term is "Bingo!" Thanks!

2 Likes

You should try out this for dashboard links instead. They work for local as well as remote with a single button.

1 Like

Wow :eyes: since when was that an option?! Is this the C-7 hub?

This is a C7 hub but it's available on C5 since before the C7 release I think. I've had it for a while now.

1 Like

Ah I'm C-4 here. Good to know HE is working on the dashboard though!

That does not look very stock...once again I remember why I should not look at other people's dashboards, unless I feel like I want a can of "Whup-a$$" dumped on me. :wink:

It's probably available on c4 too. It was just an update to the dashboard app.

It's stock, I just stuck Emoji's in the dashboard name. They're like contact sensors... I stick em on everything.

Update called ___________ ?

Ahhh...didn't know/think you could do that. :slight_smile:

Base hub software.

Thinking of your twins again... :wink:

Ohhhhhh. Heck dude, that's good thinking.

1 Like

Yea, sorts em for me. I'm a little weird and want things organized certain ways.

3 Likes

I've found that if you stalk @lewis.heidrick a bit you will learn useful things.

3 Likes