[smartly] bug report and support thread

Just starting out with Smartly and although it takes a lot of clicking around(drag and drop feature request?) I believe I've got it figured out.... mostly.

I've got 3 Dashboards and as you can see the temperature sensor icon looks different on my "Main" Dashboard. In the sub-dashboards its spaced out like it should be... Any ideas?Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.35.56 AM Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.35.38 AM

2 Likes

There should be a checkbox to give the icon 'more space' under the icons tab when editing the tile.

1 Like

The nudge checkbox? Tried that and sadly it didn't make a difference.

1 Like

on the dev wish list, but more of an HE limitation that we can only hope to 'band-aid' (from my limited knowledge on the subject)

are the column and row settings the same on all dashes? And your seeing this difference on the same devices just separate dashes right?

PM me and @spelcheck a pastbin.com of the main dash and at least one bad dash. We'll take a look and see what we can find.

The "Home" dash is set to 3 columns and the Living Room/Master/Office are set to 2. I'll send the Home and Living Room via pm.

If you set them all to 2 or 3 do they all look the same? We can still adjust it via CSS I just want to make sure I understand the issue.

i tried and the icons are way too small and spaced out too much for the size of the dashboard.. where do i easily change tile size and layout. or do i have to change it the old way in css and then manually move each tile.. what a pain if that is the issue. thanks

also the lg v20 calibration is not good there is much more real estate on the v20 when using chrome in desktop mode the phone has a

1440 x 2560 pixels

The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and 515 ppi pixel density.

Though many devices these days have incredibly high resolution displays, their browsers use a much lower acting resolution called "viewport". The LG V20 has something like a 360px wide viewport. That would accommodate about 3 columns wide, based on viewability. Adjusting calibration to accommodate 4 columns wide would require glasses, at least for me. PM me if you'd like to try though, would be hth.

What device is this screenshot from? Tile size is determined by a default as the layout of the tiles is part of a curated design. If you'd like to increase the size of the tiles, we use a special case "query" to zoom all of the tiles larger.

There are a few features in an upcoming release called "buttonize" and "zoomable" that can make individual tiles stand out with a particularly large icon, icon-only and also "zooming" the entire contents of a tile, but I do feel a simple global zoom is what you're looking for.

1 Like

screen shot is from a hp omen 15 laoptoin in full hd.. in chrome

how do i do the special case query.

i dont use the viewport browser on my lg v20 i use chrome in desktop mode and thus get the full pixel.s The screen shots i have shown you are for the full device list but i have separate dashboards for each room with less devices

1 Like

How many columns would you like to see on the screen? I can come up with css for you (and others) to use :+1:

It'll be simple, just copy and paste.

ok that makes more sense.. so for that device if you really want to use "desktop" browser mode (you have microscope eyes!) then it'll look identical to however we set it on your laptop. The calibration is based on viewport, not device specifically.

3 colums or maybe 4.. will try both.. thanks or are you talking about the laptop or the phone..

in the laptop i can get many more columns

I was thinking on the phone, but if you are truly going to use desktop browser mode (looking at sites with full HD) then whatever # of columns you choose will be the same on desktop and your phone.

ya most likely 3 or 4 thanks. i plan on not using the overall template too often and if i want to will use it in smartiles as it resizes easily to show evertyting.. but it is taxing on the system to pull up status of all devices.. for control of devices will most likely use the room oriented one that has 2,3 or 4 colums depending on the number of devices in the room

here are some of my individual room current layouts with stock dashboard .. what do you reocmment. also i assume the temp color change will not work.(too big). i have a version i use on my therm templates as those only report to 1 degreee. will those pull over into your system..

thanks again.. donation coming once i finish

1 Like

Any chance you would just want to use the normal browser for viewing the dashboard on your phone? It defaults to 3 columns wide for a 360px wide viewport... otherwise, on your desktop, if we calibrate 3-4 columns wide for HD, it'll make everything absolutely enormous.

I'm confused about this dashes you posted, you appear to be viewing them on mobile but in desktop mode, but then the tiles are set to be very large? nevertheless I think 3 columns wide would look great, which is the default if you just turn off "desktop" mode in you mobile browser. Just run it through smartly and add the LG V20 in device calibration. To keep this thread on topic, if you need more help with desktop PM me!

thanks man!

@TechMedX is the go-to for temperature-based color coding in smartly. The short answer is yes, they will work but you'll need to connect with him to work out the details.

1 Like

thanks i did one of the pages see scren shot but it still just like desktop mode is putting huge spaces between the rows.. ie see screenshot

And you have to scroll down and some devices in for cut off. This is the stock web view on LG v20 . Main rooms page is better. Big no real devices in that page. Even that too much space between rows and you have to scroll down to see last rooms.

2 Likes

I would just consolidate your tiles into the space that smartly made. You'll find that you can nudge most of them up, and make the dimmers or anything else that needs additonal space taller to make them squares. Also at this point you'd probably want to shorten a few tile titles so they don't wrap (if they have long titles but you'd like to have them compact). All possible with smartly :slight_smile: As far as the customization you're looking for in terms of spacing between tiles, send a PM to @techmedx and myself and I'm sure we could figure something out, including color temp tiles. :+1:

to bring @spelcheck up to speed

The full code is too large for cloud dashboard access, but works fine for LAN only access (ex. wall mounted tablet).

Did you finish rewriting the code in hex format? Can you pastebin.com it to me? With that coding and only whole numbers you might get under the cloud dash limit.

How many characters is the final code?

I'd be interested in taking your whole numbers and using it to add my decimals. I would like to convert it to a short code, but re-doing all of it.... let's just say I have less Covid forced free time these days.