Smart ZigBee Strip Light Switch Controller for HE

I sent message on WhatsApp.

I'm pretty sure that's your issue. I'm not aware of any lifx drivers as they are wifi and I remember reading that lifx isn't even supported. Change the driver to the "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" and give that a try.

oops I wasn't thinking right. I have LIFX but that isn't LIFX. I do have the driver you recommend for it already.2019-03-05_18h05_31

Yeah, looks like a bad strip. Did you try another one? Sorry @aguileramekin don't mean to derail your thread, this would just annoy the crap out of me personally.

I know you've already decided but I just wanted to update that price I found. That was a kit from another seller. If you buy the starter kit and then the expansion pack from Sylvania on Amazon it's only $64.44

What I would like to find is home automation control for these strips!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZHB9M6A/

Probably roll my own with a PI with a RESTful interface or something..

OK, I really wish you hadn't posted that. I have no use for that but have been trying to come up with one for a while now. All I can come up with is, "I want it". That is really cool.

1 Like

Don't worry CAZ if my threat is usefull for anyone then definitely it was a good idea to post it. I'm learning too with all these comments. And by the way I had a Whatsup conversation with vjv and he clarified a lot of points here. This forum is awesome :wink:

Actually, you can. Using some clever Arduino code, a NodeMCU (or any ESP8266 chip based microboard which you can get on Amazon for $5-15 dollars each) and a power supply, you can control WS2811/WS2812B strips and leds using MQTT or websocket commands.

All my outdoor lighting on my house is WS2811 12v individual LEDs (~8000 Pixels so far) and I control it using NodeRed and MQTT (along with Home Assistant for a dashboard interface). I started with Dr. Zzs ideas and also Bruh and made a LOT of mods to the underlying Arduino code. All my lights tie into MQTT (there is also a websocket library available which I am transitioning over to this year) and can do animations and all sorts of cool stuff. All in all, it cost me ~$600 total to do the entire front and sides of my house and probably about 30-40 hours total work from start to finish.

1 Like

Okay so that looks awesome thank you..

1 Like

Just be warned... it's a rabbit hole of EPIC proportions. What started out as "Oh, I'm just going to put up some permanent lights because I'm lazy" has turned into "How much more money can I spend on Pixels this year?".

:smiley:

1 Like

Comunidad hubitat en español?
Hice un review de este sistema para ayudarlo a crecer en la comunidad hispana!

2 Likes

I sure could use some guidance on the connectors.

See Display Case Project post

YF

Did you get it sorted out? I did not have to cut mine. The 2' strips were perfect for me. That's why I went with the Sylvania. I saw on the other post your a looking for something "plug 'n' play" so to speak. There are some solutions but I have no idea if they will work. Also, you are going to need a 5 pin connector for the Sylvania. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Strip-Lights-Connector-Solderless-RGBWW/dp/B076HMVHYR or these: Angled Connectors

@CAZ did you have to cut your strips on your projects? If so, did you figure out a way to connect the cut side to another strip?

YF

No, I didn't. Fortunately, 2' strips were what I needed.

I have the same issue. We’re you able to get your colors fixed?
Thanks

I don't know
They are in my daughter's room and I don't use them
She has a ton of colored lights in the room and all sorts of colors and no complaints so far.

But I think she doesn't notice/care, she is five.

Thanks for the quick reply. If anybody else has suggestions for how to fix my color being off... please chime in.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.