Smart VS Dumb Control

Hi,

Can you illustrate this ? Maybe there'll be some suggestions to replicate this a more suitable way.

1 Like

I'm trying to get definition on this.

My GE/Enbrighten toggles have lighted toggles. @JasonJoel exposed the parameters so that I can use the lighted toggles for showing the status of motion rules, with a triple tap up or down to enable or disable it. I use that also for status of the driveway gate, and also as a guide light that turns off after a little while when I'm in bed. Anyway I love that feature.

As far as I can tell, Zooz has some kind of visible indicator light, but I think it's a fairly recent development. I'm also unclear how they actually look, in "real life".

Apparently the latest GE's have more stuff going on too.

I'll be farther ahead as far as money goes if I don't study too deep. :slight_smile:
After all, there's always Long Range Z-Wave to spend your money on, lol.

I'm a toggle person myself, but I can't see metal switch plates helping radio transmission. :slight_smile:

I misspoke. I meant programming wise, I suppose.
I actually did associate a ZEN34 wireless switch with a GE Enbrighten dimmer switch and was able to dim it as well as shut it on and off. It was just to respond to a thread post, to see if it could be done. There's a wrinkle with Z-Wave association that I'm aware of, anyway, such that if the hub's power is disconnected, there's, like, a 2 second response delay.

Hey @danabw , I actually clicked on your link and got nowhere, lol

Some unidentified jingle tune is going through my head: One n, double l i

Typo - I doubled the "n" rather than the "l" - always do that w/their name. :slight_smile: Fixed.