Smart Plug 3210-L

I have two Smart Plug 3210-L's and have read all the posts on these. I did manage to get both of them paired for both the Zigbee and Zwave parts (better than what I had on ST). When these paired they came in as Devices and I was unable to turn them on and off. I have tried changing to a Generic Zigbee outlet and Generic Zigbee Switch but I can still not turn them on or off.

Any suggestions?

Did you tap configure a few times? Then save preferences.
I just paired mine on the C7 hub a few days ago, working fine with "generic zigbee outlet" driver.
So I'm thinking you must have a different firmware version.
If you're up for it, pair it again and post the screenshot of the fingerprint, and actually it may already be there.

I hated to remove and repair this thing and tried having it as an Outlet again first but still didnt work. Re-paired it and got this... not a lot there.

AH, thats the problem. Let"s try a factory reset. hold button down and at same time plug in the device , hold button unitill LED comes on, release button and try to pair at that time. The device is not supplying the proper info to the hub. You can also move plug closed to hub, just for this test.

You must have data in inClusters, or it won't work

1 Like

Ok did that now need to add and test. It initialized faster this time (ie quickly) where as before it took forever.

IT WORKS!

I assume the factory reset also cleared the Zwave repeater and I need to exclude that from the hub, then delete it and then try and re-pair it? Is there an easy way to tell if the repeater is even working?

I would recommend this driver if you want to make sure the Z-wave side is functioning properly :slight_smile:

Thanks. I suspect I never had the Zwave on for one of these as I did the exclusions which was why the network always had a gap and I never understood why. I'm going to move these closer to the hub and not worry about the repeaters for now... So I say. I tend to play with this stuff way too much!

With this fixed I now have all of my lights and switches moved over from ST. Just have to do the remaining temp and motion sensors and then recreate all of my automations. Not bad.

Got the zigbee on these things working great but now for the life of me can not get the damn zwave part of them to be found on an inclusion. They were simple to do before when it never got the zigwave driver loaded. Ive excluded them several times which seems to also be killing the zigbee connection but that's easily rediscovered. Tried doing the "press eight times" 42 times and on two of them I just can not get them discovered. Until I get those zwave networks on I hate to mess around with the other two...

try again later when I'm more patient.... I kinda need them now since people have noted my zwave mesh is a little sparse and is going to create issues. These 4 zwave+ repeaters would probably help if I spread them out a bit more than they are today.

I had to pair these fairly close to the hub, I was in the same room probably 5-6 feet from the hub. Pair the Zigbee first, which is sounds like you did?

• Start with it unplugged.
  • Hit EXCLUDE in Hubitat.
  • Plug it in, and very quickly hit the button 8 times.
  • Hubitat should say "excluding unknown device".

If you get that far, then repeat these steps doing an INCLUSION this time.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed steps. Really does help. Will give it a go and have my mad gamer mouse skills on the ready. Think I did all of this EXCEPT repeating the steps on the include...

This is very important. When I did mine I found if the outlet changed state (turned off or on) while pressing the button, you're not pressing the button fast enough. Took me quite awhile to get this right.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.