Smart Locks in The UK

Hi has anyone bought or even looked at these lockshttps://www.ultion-lock.co.uk/ultion-smart/

The claim to be compatible with Zigbee hubs anyone tried with HE....looks like they work with Smartthings.

1 Like

I looked at these and a little bit of research also led me to the fact they are just rebranded Dana locks, which are cheaper. So look there first.

1 Like

I have one and it works pretty well. The only problem I have is that after a week or so if I manually lock it using the thumb wheel the status doesn't update. Had the same issue with it when I used ST too. If you re-pair to the hub it'll then update the status but again after a week or two it will stop again. I just use either automation, dashboards or zigbee buttons to control it, all works perfectly that way. The handles are really neat and good quality and you are getting a proper secure lock too that you can also use good old fashioned keys in too. I have a hidden key safe that opens the garage where another hidden key safe houses the front door keys so if the batteries did just run out I can still get in the house.
Yes they are just a danalock but this is a much neater way of doing it and you get a good ultion lock with it too.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you...I'll put them on the possible list.

Cheers.

1 Like

Did you get one of these in the end? I;m starting to look at options...

I have a Zigbee Danalock, works very well - Customer service from Ultion in the UK is superb.

I am finding that my lock keeps falling off Hubitat which means I am unable to lock and unlock via a dashboard. Re-discovering brings it back temporarily - as anyone else experienced this?

Zigbee or z-wave?
I have the zigbee version and it's not failed once for me and I was one of the first to get one when they were first released. The only problem I seem to have is manual locking doesn't always sync the status to hubitat, had the same issue when I used ST too. Not a problem to me as I never manually lock it anyway. Maybe you need to put either a zigbee or z-wave repeater in-between the hub and the lock, build up your zigbee or z-wave network a bit.

I have the zigbee version and have an IKEA unit within a metre of the door, also have multiple IKEA plugs and sonoff devices.
I have Hue lights throughout the house and have heard these can cause issues?