Bathroom Humidity Fan

I don't use the times"yet" so something else is happening. I don't see the fan cycling, I'd probably need a bigger log, but it is running every 10 sec, which means you are getting humidity reports every 10 sec or so.

Standing by. The micro controller I needed to make this work just arrived yesterday.

Which version are you running?

aeotec multisensor 6, USB powered reporting every minute. I can easily get more logs if needed, I did post some more above

I was on the older one, but I just updated to the 2.0.0 and was doing the same thing. I have removed it for now.

ok removed the app, and re-installed (so I could get some more logs) and now I see this:

app:7522018-12-09 11:44:43.034 am errorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Double#minus. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.Character] [class java.lang.Number] on line 100 (HumidityHandler)

app:7522018-12-09 11:44:43.025 am infoHumidityHandler:running humidity check

which is this line:

state.HumidityChangeRate = state.currentHumidity - state.lastHumidity

Did this repeat the second time, I bet I didn't initialize last humidity as a variable on install... The second time a humidity came in that is...

Sorry, trying to troubleshoot this from my phone, when I get home I can do a better job, but that won't be for a couple of hours

OMG, no rush at all. Just providing info!!!

If you need some testing done just PM me or let me know.

1 Like

New release 2.0.1, it simplifies the humidity events recordings and has been slightly more aggressive in my house for starting the fan. It also improved a bug/feature when 2 showers are taken with enough time in between them that the code was already in the shut off later section and ignored the new humidity events.

Kudos to jrfarrar for bug finding :slight_smile:

1 Like

@napalmcsr

Noticed another little issue. In the app at the bottom is a "Set for specific modes" drop down. Assuming this will only check during these modes. However if you choose a few modes they do not stay the next time you come back into the app. The selection box is blank.

I’m on a trip, so I can’t check, but I don’t see any code for modes.

But, I did a search and found it is auto added, will look into it when I get back. Do you want mode selection?

Was thinking it would be nice to not have it checking all the time when I'm out of town or not home or sleeping. So Away and Night modes.

Just saw the selection and it made sense to me.

I’ll see if I can add it.

Do you want it to automatically turn off it it goes out of mode?

Yep, that would make sense to me

I'm arguing with myself since I use Cobra's mode switch whether to have it automatically turn off,
I can see a use case where I had a humidity event (shower) and I go to work, and still want it to evacuate the humidity.
I am ok with not turning the fan off in certain modes, but the auto shutoff I can see either way.
It is updated to 2.0.2 with it turning off if it goes out of mode right now.
I'll take all suggestions.

I could honestly live with either way. I'm really just thinking about saving resources when the system is away...no reason to constantly check. Of course if you just want it to run all the time it would just leave the modes blank or select them all?

Leave them blank, but are you trying to keep processing resources from being used? If so my code still runs on every humidity event, it just doesn’t turn on the fan.

D'oh found a bug with the 2.0.2 code, squashed it.

1 Like