Smart Home Device Manufacturers Dropped Ball

I have not, but will for sure. I'm pretty sure the part of my brain where languages and math get processed was partially starved of oxygen at some point in my life. The punchline being that I suck at coding... Like REALLY suck, and have to rely on folks like you who are both smart and generous. Thanks for the link!!

I've not screwed around with anything other than RPi, but it sounds like it deserves some study on my part.

3 Likes

If you can handle setting a RPi, configuring HubDuino should be fairly trivial. All of the heavy lifting has been done already, requiring very little coding.

@Ryan780 I'm new to this, are you saying that you can set HE to trigger an MP3 sound on google home ?

I'm looking at setting up a pushbutton as a doorbell that once pressed plays a sound over my google devices, I'm fed up of not hearing our current doorbell and do not want to have to have extra devices in outlets.

Yes, you can. It depends on how you have them connected to Hubitat but it is possible to do. Are you using the native integration of cast-web-api or assistant relay?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.