Slyvania Osram Bulbs and light strips

Has anyone connected up Sylvania Osram bulbs and / or light strips to the Hubitat? Is there special trick to this? Thanks

Not tried the strips, the bulbs work fine, once they have been reset, that’s usually the issue,

Thanks yep works like a champ. Next on my list is to see if I can get the strips to work for under counter lighting

OSRAM Flex RGBW light strips work like a champ as well. Hard to figure out the codes for colors but it works

I found it easiest to turn on the hue360 setting for the device, choose colors by their degrees on the color wheel, and then adjust the saturation.

I don’t get a color wheel on the PC, I just set the hue to the blue color I wanted and saved. Good to go and most important wife is happy now…

1 Like

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean there was a color wheel on the device page. I was referring to The color wheel that resides in my imagination. Red-0°, yellow-60°,green-120°,blue-240°, purple-300°, and all degrees from 0 to 360.

Oh got it, I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip I wasn’t thinking like that.

can Osram bulb/strip firmware be updated by the hub?

At this point, I don’t think so. I checked the firmware version using ST before I excluded over there and paired to Hubitat.

I am unable to set color using color map. Does is work for any of you?

I had no problems in ST and in Hubitat I never had a color wheel, I had to set the hue to the color I wanted based on 360 color wheel

@jmijanovic Nope, you need the gateway for the strips or hub to update the firmware on those devices

Is there an easy cheat sheet - chart? I have not found one yet that tells the colors to the Hue 360 'wheel'.

This is the chart I used originally for 360 values.
Color Wheel
I was using that mainly for Alexa color control with a bunch of virtual switches. Now that we have an Alexa skill with color bulb control, I’m no longer using hue 360. The 0-100 HSL works better across a variety of different brand bulbs, and RM.

2 Likes

I am so very confused so please help me out here. I am just getting started with home automation. So far I have purchased some Lutron Caseta switches, Picos, and the Smart Bridge Pro. I want to add led light strips for undercabinet lighting in my kitchen. I am considering the Sylvania Osram Lightify led strips to be triggered by an Iris motion sensor as well as have the ability to use voice control through Alexa. I need to purchase a hub and am considering the Hubitat. I am confused though about the functionality of the led strips using the Hubitat. On Reddit someone mentioned that it has only basic functions and really just lets you turn them on/off. Is that true? Can you not tell Alexa to dim the light strips to 50%, set lights to blue, etc... Since you own these light strips I would love for you to tell me how they work with Hubitat and what all you can and cannot do with them.

Hi Leaird,
I have 2 sets of those exact light strips under my cabinets and above another and they work great, and do take color commands just fine. We have Google Home for that side of the automation, not Alexa...but am sure she will work just as well. Hope this helps.
John