Slowly loosing battery device reports, all to date are Z-Wave

[C8] 2.3.9.150

I'm using @bertabcd1234 "Device Activity Check" app.

Over the last 3 months or so I've been loosing daily reports from some battery devices.

First was an Iris iL07_1 motion sensor Zigbee ( replaced the battery, no difference)
Then some weeks later a Fibaro FGFS-101 water sensor. Z-Wave (again new battery, same result
The last one is a Zooz ZSE42 Z-wave (again a new battery and no change) I have 4 other ZSE42's that have been having no issues.

I DO NOT think the Device Activity Check app is the issue as I can verify the lack of device reporting in the device page.

The Hub has not been moved and no new electronics has been added to in the house. The motion sensor is in the opposite direction of the water sensors, relative to the hub.

I have been installing the new firmware during this time period.

Has anyone else seen such an issue? Thoughts of how I might troubleshoot?

My first step is to replace the ZSE42 with another (new) ZSE42, and move the problem device to a location very near the hub.

I almost forgot to add.... all these devices are functioning properly.

Thanks
John

For the ZSE42, try my driver here: [DRIVER] Zooz Sensors Advanced (ZSE11, ZSE18, ZSE40, ZSE41, ZSE42, ZSE43, ZSE44)

Refresh the page and then you should see all the settings. Run Full Configure but do not wake it yet. Turn on Debug logs.

Pull the battery for a minute and then back in. Once its ready then wake it up and you should see all the configure debug logs.

Hopefully something that gets set in there will bring the battery reporting back.

Oh, also my driver should request the battery % every time it wakes up, so just in case it has stopped sending it automatically the driver will ask for it.

3 Likes