Slow during nightly repair?

would the following slow test time, be consistant with the nightly 2 am zwave repair when having 88 zwave devices in my mesh?

thanks in advance

it should be a direct route as it is through one wall 30 feet from hub and a light switch in the same room farther away is.. it was taking a screwy route, ( into room with the hub, then upstairs then back down) and i ran a couple of repairs and it took even worse route, across house to front of house then down to basement then back accross up to hub).

Now after 3rd repair is direct and 100K.. it is the zooz plug in power sitch with the 2 usb ports and light rings.. In general i have found these to be very reliable and strong repeaters..

Will see now if times go down.

There’s a nightly database cleanup and backup. But AFAIK, no zwave repair.

pretty sure i read there is a nightly cleanup of dead zwave nodes so it must touch the zwave table.. or else when does that occur?

That’s correct. But AFAIK there’s no repair (as in zwave network path rediscovery).

P.S. removal of ghost nodes works with variable efficiency for whatever reason - at least on the C5.

1 Like

ya i figured that.. im manually going through the routing and running device level repairs the few screwed up routes .. Although everything is working.. last time i went in the zwave all 88 devices said ok.. made me smile. occasionally one of the battery powered door sensors etc. says failed but it really hasnt.. And once in a while i have had extender say fail, but when i run repair they come back fine and anyway the extender doesnt even have to be paired (as far as i know) to actually work .
could off been last night when i was testing a keen zigbee duct and working on fixing the device handler to correctly return temps and pressures.. but not sure why would have cause zwave issues.. maybe overall hub slowdown while i was doing that and the nightly job ran.. who knows.. i can deal with one long test per day.. In general everything seems to be running ok (fingers crossed). I also just unplugged the st hub a couple of feet away from the hubi which probably was causing some radio interference.

I have an older hub I will now set up to try and figure out whey my quibino weather station paired and configured but didnt show any traffic.

1 Like