Site is under extreme load

Got a message saying that the site is under extreme load and search was disabled. Just FYI. Probably making things worse... I'll go away now.

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I am occasionally seeing that message when my internet connection is slow and it takes too long to load the page. :slight_smile: There are no performance issues with the community server, currently.

2 Likes

Internet is fine here...

6 Likes

Houston, we have a problem, you should get a speeding ticket for those numbers!

12 Likes

I actually have two 1 gig connections but the other is a backup. I also have a 4gLTE hotspot as a backup to my backup.

3 Likes

Something's wrong with those numbers.. a 13ms ping should result in <100mbit

Gig should be ~1 ms

I have 9 cameras streaming to the google overlord so he doesn't smite me. Along with 5 kids and a wife streaming netflix atm. Well 4 netflix streams. The twins are watching the same tv in their bedroom. Also VPN'ed into work and on a conference call with some Shell muckety mucks.

2 Likes

You need a data center at home. That's some crazy speed/setup you have at home.

That's not the half of it or even what's coming once wifi 6e comes out. I have a development lab with 12 exsi 7.0 server blades and a 100 tb fc storage array.

:grinning:

I've been struggling for the last month to get any internet at all in Thailand! Its like going back 30 yrs sometimes here. Then suddenly it works again for a few hours at 300Mb and everything is rosy. Now I've decided to have 2 separate suppliers provide to one property because they are individually so pathetic.

I have AT&T fiber also and I love it. Measured from my router:

3ms ping is the fastest I’ve ever seen.

I see 1ms occasionally if I turn some stuff off. Usually around 3 or 4ms from the modem though under normal load.

Speeds only an aussie could dream of!

Perhaps we could host the community at @lewis.heidrick 's? :grin:

No issues accessing the community from my end btw

1 Like

I hope mama Shell is paying for some of that. Lol

Although, I work for one of Shell's competitors and I know for a fact we would never pay for someone's home lab. We are very much an @$$-in-seat-at-work company.

1 Like

I am not as productive when I'm working from home. Especially with the new C7 sitting on my desk ...

2 Likes

I got that message once yesterday when I tried a search. I just tried again and it worked the second time.

I make enough to buy my own lab equipment

What does your electric bill look like each month? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just keeping that all cool has to be a fairly heavy load on your home's HVAC system.

1 Like