Sirens and Alarms

I have a Aeon Siren (Gen5). It only allows me to play Siren sounds. I didn't know if there was DHL for this additional functionality.
I'm looking for a second one not so much for Siren sound but more for notifying. What would everyone recommend? I was looking for a Zigbee (plug-in) like the Gen5? However, I would like to know everyone else's thoughts.
I'm finding it harder to find good devices in the last few years in some areas. Your input is appreciated.

I have the same Gen5 , it just chirps. Ecolink siren 700 series or Aeotec siren 6

1 Like

There are some cheap Tuya Sirens available on Amazon and Walmart, you can experiment with these. Require custom driver.

1 Like

Thanks! I will investigate this.

Thanks.

I have a Aeotec Siren 6 that has other sounds and I use for a door chime. I believe there is also the Zooz multisiren that can play MP3s. The Ring Gen2 keypad has a built in siren with different sounds as well and is used to create a chirp by some when doors open and close.

1 Like

ZSE19. I have it and you're correct another good choice, although it takes 4 "C" batteries, which is weird

1 Like

I use Echo Speaks and a series of Echos. Very handy.

1 Like

Thanks that's a good suggestion. I'm looking to use it for notifying as a garage door closes. This is a backup method to using myQ. Just preparing to switch it completely over to local control however need notification as the garage door closes. I have lights flashing however I need audio.

I use it for time-sensitive alerts like the freezer temperature, a water leak, or someone at the front door, but I also use it on a 2-hour schedule for less critical things like "the litter box needs emptying" or "the plants are dry." Very convenient. And you can use either RM or the notifier app to do it. I use sirens too but only for stuff that's REALLY urgent - a water leak, the house is on fire, etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.