Sinope Th1300ZB 120volt ZigBee thermostat, fingerprint incorrect?excellent device

So just got this for my quietewarmth electric radiant floor panels. The thermostat paired instantly and looks to be a quality product.
The device was identified as
"Sinope TH1124ZB (4KW) Thermostat" I changed the driver to th1300zb but it's acting strange. The clock disappeared when I set the display to "on demand"and it's not accepting commands from the device page. It reported room temp as - 557 and I'm freezing to death.
I don't think it initialized correctly.
@mike.maxwell what info can I provide to help with fingerprint?

I suspect you did, but checking just in case… Did you do a configure after you changed the driver?

Also, I think you can get the fingerprint by using the “Device” driver, then pressing the “Get Info” button will provide the fingerprint int the logs.

Good advice, thank you.
And yes I always hit configure after changing the driver, probably excessively.
I even tried rejoining it, without removing it, after setting the correct driver, hoping it would update the config, no luck.
And the driver is labeled specifically for this model. Maybe they updated firmware or gave Mike the incorrect cluster info?

And it's not reporting the heat setting correctly, it says 42 but it's set to deliver heat at 67F

I'll try pulling the info and posting

1 Like

This...

1 Like

Hey Mike, Thanks, as I suspected. So will sinope send you the new info needed for the driver update? Would it help if I ask them?
Or would you like to borrow my thermostat?
Or none of the above, too much other work to do?

I looked the ST DH and it looks like a real PITA to code...at least to me

this is probably the fastest way of getting this resolved.

1 Like

It would be great to have a built in driver for this as I'm planning on adding a few.

You might want to try this driver just to see if it's working:

Read down from there for more information.

Thanks but same behavior with that driver. It's as Mike said, firmware update has killed the driver. Too bad it's a really nice thermostat and very unique in the marketplace.
The companies that sell the floor heat panels don't have anything nearly as nice. The have wifi but want like 250 for it and I don't think it's even as nice.
I' m going to see if I can find a cheaper replacement for a while so I can ship mine to Mike so he can "decode" it.

1 Like

THAT'S MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

A little birdie told me these might be going on sale on boxing day... and I intend to pick one up.

I have the TH1300ZB and the built in driver works fantastic for me @mike.maxwell I absolutely love this device.
If the driver gets updated, can we keep the existing one around to make sure those on older firmware like me stay in a good place? Here is my device's data:

endpointId: **01**
model: **TH1300ZB**
application: **6D**
firmwareMT: **119C-0011-01000900**
softwareBuild: **01000900**
manufacturer: **Sinope Technologies**
1 Like

One thing to consider is if you have the load settings correct. The manual here describes how to check and change it.

With my version the load is detected automatically, and in the instructions it only starts explaining how to change at parameter 3 in the text, but the picture shows 1-7, but the text for 1 &2 are missing. Probably version differences.
Mine also doesn't report firmware or softwarebuild.

How long would you need, to beat it into submission?

A week all else being equal, so probably two weeks from your point of view, I can't gaurentee that obviously...

Same. I did find it didn't detect the load correctly. Probably due to the actual sensor not being the one from Sinope but the original installed from SunTouch in my case. Changing it helped get the temp read-out to actually work for me.

Interesting. I was under the impression the sensor only suppliers the floor temp, via its change in resistance related to the floor temp. My thermostat has an adjustable value for the sensor 10K ohm or 12k ohm. I used the sinope sensor, but added a backup as advised(warmly yours 10K).
The temp rises very very slowly. And the panels i used are self regulating, even if plugged in directly to 120volt, without a thermostat, they won't exceed 85 F.
Some conductive ink technology

Exactly, for whatever reason, my sinope didn't detect the right OHM, so manually changing it brought me back from negative temps to real temps. Not sure you have the same issue, just sharing my initial troubleshooting.

I just installed a TH1300ZB and switched to the driver from hubitat/drivers/Sinope at main · erilaj/hubitat · GitHub which also works with Google Home.

Can you explain further? I only see one place to install a sensor, and my floor is already installed with an integrated 10k ohm sensor. I could install the Sinope sensor externally, but it would be unsightly.

As it is, I am finding the installed sensor (which should be 10k, but behaves worse on the 12k setting) shows a much higher temperature than can be felt at the surface of the floor. I am considering adding an inline resistor to try to adjust the reading, since the TH1300ZB doesn't provide for software adjustments...

Also, can anyone explain the difference between floor and air modes? I was hoping to have a unit where I can access the floor and ambient temperature separately and control both floor and baseboard from one unit, but I don't see a way of doing that.

I have a different brand of thermostat for my in-floor heating, but I suspect it functions the same way:

Floor mode - will set the floor temperature to the set point, then maintain
Air mode - will set the air temperature to the set point, then maintain

Makes sense?

Sure, I had no floor installed at all. We put down underlayment, laid the heating pads. In between pads 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 I placed a floor sensor, ran both to the thermostat, but only hooked up 1 sensor, as there is only 1 terminal for hookup. The backup is in case the main sensor fails, then I can swap wire with the backup sensor, and avoid having to pull up the whole floor to replace a sensor

2 Likes