Simple virtual thermostat issue

I am trying to setup a simple virtual thermostat using a wall socket and a temperature sensor.

I have created a virtual thermostat, and using average to get temp into thermostat. I have made a simple rule to turn outlet on or off, depending if temp is higher or lower than heating setpoint.

My issue is that when I change the setpoint, the oven shuts on or off, depending on what temperature. But when the temperature changes, and the oven is supposed to change state, it does not.

If my rule is supposed to be false, and I check the apps page, my rule is showing true. Then I click the rule, and it says false. If I then click "Done", then my oven turns off.

Anyone know why?

I have similar rules to control Keen vents based on individual thermo's. Those rules needed to be 'kicked' by a separate rule that evaluates them based on a frequency of your choice.

There used to be/might still be a bug in RM where the right side of the compare changing doesn’t trigger the compare. I get around this by adding to the end of the rule (and tempsensor>-100} that will trigger the rule whenever the tempsensor changes.

After some trying and failing, I think I sorted it out. I changed it to a triggered rule, and whenever the thermo changes its state, (idle/heating), the rule gets a kick and re-evaluate.