Simple Sprinklers......Manual Switch on

Interesting timing on you replying.
It was only yesterday that i cut onto my main line and added 2 new zones - then ran new wires to those and a new wire to another zone where i had 2 valves ganged together ( so i could finally separate them )
I installed some trees a while back pulled a drip line off of a sprinkler head. To get enough water to my trees i have to over-water the lawn so since adding the 2 new zones - i can cap off all the sprinkler heads that are just hitting the trees - set the drip line timing for what ever it needs then balance the water between lawn and trees more accurately.
I was going to pull another zen 16 from my fun drawer and connect these 3 discrete zones ......so as noted - very timely on the Rachio topic.

Can you tell me a little more on the HE - RAchio integration please? and - would need 12 zones. Im about to go look to see what they sell.
Very interested - thanks
Mac

Please tell me this one is compatible.
Its on sale at my favorite store!
12 zone - 150.
https://www.costco.com/rachio-3-smart-sprinkler-controller%2C-12-zone.product.100481393.html

It is...

Add this :stuck_out_tongue:

My Orbit B-Hyve 12 zone sprinkler controller died. Finally, I have an excuse to replace it with something like this Zigbee 12 channel relay for less than $20 USD.

1 Like

Will the generic zigbee drivers work?

I ordered the 12 relay unit yesterday. I'll update here when I try it.

If thing don't work, then I guess I will need to roll up my sleeves and set up one of these reverse engineering setup using a Tuya hub and a USB Zigbee stick as a sniffer. Hoping someone helps me make sure I buy the right setup for this effort to reverse engineering. I'll like to help the community as I have benefited greatly from other's efforts in the past.

1 Like

Or you could buy a rachio...

yes, its good to have other options.

Hi Alex,
Normally, it is not necessary to use any Zigbee sniffers for new devices. I use a sniffer very rarely, in fact, I haven't used it for more than one year, until last week, for a very specific need.

I can recommend you to purchase the new Zemismart M1 Zigbee/Thread/Matter hub if you don't have any Tuya gateway yet. Then make a Tuya 'developer' account following the links in this thread. When you get the new unsupported Tuya device, pair it to the Tuya/Zemismart hub. From your tuya.iot.com you can see enough details about which 'data points' are used by this device for what function. Normally, this is enough information to add support for a new Tuya device in HE. Also, searching GitHub for this device model/manufacturer almost always reveals enough information too - ZHA / Zigee2MQTT / deConz guys are usually a few weeks or a few months ahead... with very few exceptions : )

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I'll go try to find that Zemismart hub after I send this email. I have a question. Is there a link that I can reference to see the work of the "ZHA / Zigee2MQTT / deConz" guys? Which forum or websites should I add to my reading list for those developments.

just ordered the Zemismart hub. Will get here in a couple days.

I don't read regularly anything in the GitHub groups, this will be a full-time job.,.. : ) I just search GitHub for specific device information.

As an example, it helped me today to (hopefully) find a solution for a very weird problem related to one of the 24GHz radars (_TZE204_ijxvkhd0) not retaining its sensitivity settings.

Login to GitHub and press the backslash key '/' to search for _TZE204_ijxvkhd0

The solution is discussed and hopefully found in this thread:

If you look at the 'Code' group, probably the easiest implementatio to read and understand is in the Z2M convertors:

It is a matter of practice and experience to search Github and to find the needed information for new Zigbee device quickly, without the need to use any Zigbee sniffers. This is my method.

1 Like

@kkossev, I received the 12 channel relay a couple days ago. I have setup Tuya IoT development environment and can see the 12 chan relay in the cloud and can control it from the cloud and my iPhone via the Zemismart M1 Matter hub. Looks like the Zigbee2MQTT folks have added supported recently.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to use the Tuya IoT website to figure out the Tuya payload being sent to the Tuya EF00 cluster. Reading the code at Zigbee2MQTT the data points are broken down into two groups. The first six relays 1 - 6 are numbered 1-6. The last six are numbered 100 + (1-6). i.e. 0x65 to 0x6A. Seems similar to the 6 channel relay that they previously supported, with the 6 added relays starting at the 100 decimal offset. Also the the Tuya 4-1 driver that you maintain accidental claims this relay via its fingerprint. Zigbee ID info attached. It s

Final of note, my specific unit looks a little different than the one they have pictured in the Zigbee2MQTT photo. I has 4 headers with wired pigtails attached. 3 of headers are 4 pins each and appear to be external inputs to enable each relay (4 pin x 3 headers = 12 total control pins). There is also a two pin header with with pigtail attached, a power and ground. From testing, it looks like the 12 control pins are relay toggles. Each time one 12 pins are get voltage from the two pin heater power pin it toggle the associated relay on and off. This state is reflected in the zigbee status of each relay. Perhaps these can be configurable to stateless input as well. I haven't checked.

I tried to get it to work using example habitat switch drivers out there that support Tuya switches but I was unsuccessful. I'm still new to Zigbee and I think the application code 0x4a is different enough to the other drivers I have tried to make the Tuya cluster payloads incompatible to the other driver I tried by Martin Kura. Which use the same Tuya cluster EF00 but application codes of 0x42 and 0x46. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/martinkura-svk/Hubitat/main/Moes%20ZigBee%20Wall%20Switch

1 Like

There is also a 24 relay version from the same aliexpress vendor that seems to also be supported by zigbee2MQTT.

update: I got relay #1 on working using the parent driver.

been reading some more about these Tuya private cluster EF00 on newer TS0601 devices. Seems like this cluster is really designed to be an MQTT tunnel to the Tuya cloud. Not a fan of cloud based IoT. So it seems that my best approach might be to setup a local zigbee2MQTT and try to do this all locally on a raspberry Pi with a USB to Zigbee dongle. Am I right?

Alex, it may be a good idea if you start your own thread dedicated to this particular device, and we can continue there.

We continue the conversation for TS0601 _TZE204_dqolcpcp device support in Hubitat here :